Who sees the screw up I did in this photo?

lorenzo

Usually the pile of corn is supposed to be on top of the combine cab, not the cart tractor. ?. Emergency 10 bushel grain tank extension. 

• Like 1

Buddy of mine had a guy running his 4320 without a cab on a grain cart.  Evidently he was so bad my buddy got mad and poured some corn on him.  Is that what happened here?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

Buddy of mine had a guy running his 4320 without a cab on a grain cart.  Evidently he was so bad my buddy got mad and poured some corn on him.  Is that what happened here?

i was watching a guy on youtube the other day and he said something like that

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

No,  just operator error.  This new combine has buttons in different places so I just hit the wrong button at the wrong time . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete1468 said:

We used a 1586 on the grain cart for a few years.  I teased my brother that I felt like I was in a 1980 Successful Farming Magazine.  I guess I should have been happy to have a cab with air, heat, and a radio.  Running a grain cart with no cab could be a miserable job.

• Like 1

Reminds me of us helping a neighbor run corn on his farm 9 years ago. He has 2 grain carts and at that time he ran one on a 4840 with the 8 speed powershift and the other one on a 4630 with a Syncro. You have any idea how hard it is to match a gear on a syncro when you don't know the speeds and it's not like a syncro has a normal progression of gears like everyone else ?. The neighbor expected you to match his speed, there was no adjusting his speed whatsoever. It was a interesting experience to say the least. Made me and my brother appreciate running cart at home after that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oleman said:

TOTALLY OFF CURRENT TOPIC!!

Why do grain carts run traction tires? 

I admit I do not no everything?

In soft wet conditions they will keep rolling when the big diamond tread tires sometimes will slide and push in the mud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

This was accident and 1sec of 8 rows.  It was knee deep on me....

20201001_160630.jpg

I learned real quick to roll up the window when I was next to the chopper no matter how hot it was. That corn looks pretty green yet, was that recent?

• Like 1