1020 knife belt tensioner

New to me 1020 had belt tensioner issues - kept coming loose and stopping cutter bar a few times.

I see the piece of angle has hole that is worn and will repair today.  Other info about making sure adjustment is correct or how to adjust properly.  Book says 5 1/2”.   Just want to make sure it is done correctly before next day of good weather.

3AD5A78D-B382-4ECE-8E34-A2242D08D09A.jpeg

CACF4EA6-659A-497D-BB11-8A5736FDD895.jpeg

Just adjusted ours.  The nuts need to be tight against the bushing inside the spring.    You have to move the top and bottom nuts up on the rod to compress the spring more to get to 5-1/2”

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, nate said:

You have to move the top and bottom nuts up on the rod to compress the spring more to get to 5-1/2”

Once I got the play out of the angle bracket, I moved the nuts up on the rod and it seems much better - will give it a try this week and see what happens.

Here is a pic of ours.   The head is new to us this year.   Finished beans today a tool shield off to blow it off and figured I’d take a pic    

FB9973CB-17A8-4967-BAE3-63B89A23F840.jpeg

• Thanks 1

No idea on the number, never changed mine. I just saw it was barely over the 1 pulley and not both. 

It's a weird setup that walks both pulleys as the A arm that everything mounts to pivots up and down.