Here here to my brothers in Canada

If this is old news pardon me i dont get out much and have been accused of living under a rock 

Our local costco started carring ED SMITH jams and fruits in yhe past year to go with my peanut butter fettish. They are much less sugar and packed with fruit. If you havent had any its really preserves on steroids. I have had their peach mango - triple berry black cherry, raspberry, blood orange - triple berry of blueberry, raspberry,blackberry - and their straight up michigan cherries - ALL of them are tremendous 

20201009_190950.jpg

one of my buddies from Mich comes up here and loads up on Canadian pototo chips.says theres nothing like them down there

. another said his kids used to like Cream Soda up here 

another used to buy HP steak sauce by the box  . heres a couple "dated commercials " lol

HP Makes Beef Sing---------->

• Haha 1

i have driven a lot of miles for things sometimes - and mark only you could corrupt a jelly thread LOL - if i shipped it, it wouldnt make it they would quarantine it and test for contamination and have it for lunch waiting for the tests to come back. 

• Haha 1

PB & J rocks, I've gone with ED, and smuckers, but I've been buying two different types at specialty store, wilkin and sons from England, and bonne maman from france, ooey gooey good.

• Like 1

I’ll look into this, I am a sucker for this kind of stuff. I’m addicted to cloudberry jam, it’s a wild alpine berry grows close to the ground and resembles an albino raspberry, found in mountainous areas of Scandinavia, it’s a Norwegian thing, it’s hard to get and if you can, it’s expensive, so I don’t waste it. IKEA carries it but won’t ship it,and like you..I don’t get out much

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I’ll look into this, I am a sucker for this kind of stuff. I’m addicted to cloudberry jam, it’s a wild alpine berry grows close to the ground and resembles an albino raspberry, found in mountainous areas of Scandinavia, it’s a Norwegian thing, it’s hard to get and if you can, it’s expensive, so I don’t waste it. IKEA carries it but won’t ship it,and like you..I don’t get out much

Ru close to ikea,i got one 5 miles away.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

If this is old news pardon me i dont get out much and have been accused of living under a rock 

Our local costco started carring ED SMITH jams and fruits in yhe past year to go with my peanut butter fettish. They are much less sugar and packed with fruit. If you havent had any its really preserves on steroids. I have had their peach mango - triple berry black cherry, raspberry, blood orange - triple berry of blueberry, raspberry,blackberry - and their straight up michigan cherries - ALL of them are tremendous 

20201009_190950.jpg

Can I get it with "extra" sugar?😁

The pic alone makes my mouth water more than Pavlov's dog🤗

Hope you brought enough for the whole class😆

Looks like some serious good jam😍

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Ru close to ikea,i got one 5 miles away.

Not really, they’re around, but everything here is a heck of a drive. I dove by one somewhere but it didn’t seem worth the effort given the traffic 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Not really, they’re around, but everything here is a heck of a drive. I dove by one somewhere but it didn’t seem worth the effort given the traffic 

If you want after I get back I'll buy you some and ship it to you, it's 8.00 a jar 450 ml, easy pickup.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dasnake said:

If you want after I get back I'll buy you some and ship it to you, it's 8.00 a jar 450 ml, easy pickup.

That’s very kind of you, I have a friend pick it up for me when she goes, which is often.. it seems.. I hadn’t thought about it but she does seem to go there a lot🤔if my source dries up.. I may take you up on that! 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

This is some REALLY good stuff too

20201010_192212.thumb.jpg.b794c4b0376b8223180182eaced76306.jpg20201010_192212.thumb.jpg.b794c4b0376b8223180182eaced76306.jpg 

20201010_192240.jpg

I’ve seen that around but never tried it

15 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

This is some REALLY good stuff too

20201010_192212.thumb.jpg.b794c4b0376b8223180182eaced76306.jpg20201010_192212.thumb.jpg.b794c4b0376b8223180182eaced76306.jpg 

20201010_192240.jpg

That's what I buy, really good, and the other from england is the same ilk.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

its from france  supposedly, never met a berry i didnt like !!!

We have some blackberries around here that will make your sphincter clench. 

When fishing at Eagle Lake near Vermilion Bay Ontario, we would go to the local Coop.

We always stocked up on Malkins jam, the great maple syrup and side pork.

Malkins is most excellent with the majority of it being fruit. Running's is selling it now under a different name.

Then we went to the liquor store and stocked up on Labatt's beer and Silk Tassel whiskey.

There is not enough o's in smooth for that whiskey.

On 10/9/2020 at 8:22 PM, searcyfarms said:

20201009_190950.jpg

there is a little specialty store 45 minutes from here that sells British goods. everything is delicous . they might ship to you, with Covid they are doing a lot more of that kind of thing The British Touch, is there stores like this near you?

checkout old time jams like Black current, red current etc. 

https://thebritishtouch.com/collections/spreads-marmalades

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, hillman said:

there is a little specialty store 45 minutes from here that sells British goods. everything is delicous . they might ship to you, with Covid they are doing a lot more of that kind of thing The British Touch, is there stores like this near you?

checkout old time jams like Black current, red current etc. 

https://thebritishtouch.com/collections/spreads-marmalades

whoa interesting stuff, ive never heard of an oxford, damson or curd, will have to study up on those 

back before the big highway went in (60's) rt7a was riddled with little stores, gift shops, museums, motels, etc. Anything to serve as a tourist trap. in particular rte 7 from the mass border to Manchester was just riddled with them. some of them were still around in my memory, some of the motels are still hanging in there by a thread and all but just a couple of the stores are gone, there is the chocolate barn, which sells hand made chocolate and the best ice cream you have ever had, and Christmas days, which sells ornaments. My favorite one of these as a kid was a scanadavian specialty shop, my grandfather had a lodge he rented, as he was from Norway, we actually frequented the place fairly often getting stuff from his childhood, cheeses, jams, crackers, and I'm sure some other doo-dads. I remember the lady at the counter always had a tin of ginger snaps and she would give me a few, it was a real treat. it went away sometime probably mid 90's but if I ever go somewhere with a place like that I intend to stop. 

Norwegians eat some weird stuff.. but they really know how to do desert. 

^ we used to get a lot of things from England when I was a kid. pretty much nothing now so its cool to go to that store.  When we go down to the USA we always find things not available here and enjoy them as well

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

back before the big highway went in (60's) rt7a was riddled with little stores, gift shops, museums, motels, etc. Anything to serve as a tourist trap. in particular rte 7 from the mass border to Manchester was just riddled with them. some of them were still around in my memory, some of the motels are still hanging in there by a thread and all but just a couple of the stores are gone...

I miss those hokey old places.  Sure, lots of them were tourist traps, but they weren't all bad.  Now almost everything's a chain or franchise without any personality.

That's one of the reasons I like antique shops, especially the cluttered dusty ones.

• Like 1

I live in an area originally homesteaded by Swedes, Norwegian’s, German’s and Ukrainian’s depending on which direction you drive out of town, the have had a Lutifisk annual supper for years that draws people from provinces away, never have gone sounds disgusting but I can’t knock it until I try it, not a fan of the pickled herring though

There still is a bit of English goods available probably due to commonwealth ties but not like it was, have had some good things in USA that aren’t  available here in the west anyway

2 hours ago, hardtail said:

I live in an area originally homesteaded by Swedes, Norwegian’s, German’s and Ukrainian’s depending on which direction you drive out of town, the have had a Lutifisk annual supper for years that draws people from provinces away, never have gone sounds disgusting but I can’t knock it until I try it, not a fan of the pickled herring though

There still is a bit of English goods available probably due to commonwealth ties but not like it was, have had some good things in USA that aren’t  available here in the west anyway

I have tried it, you can knock it. 

• Haha 4