US debt, Japanese debt, Chinese debt... printing money.

Gold and silver.

Election.

I think we have a VERY interesting year ahead of us. 

• Like 3

Low interest rates, 0% on 70,000 dollar pick up trucks, high land prices and growing consumer debt, I’d say you are exactly correct, at the very least!

So....let’s continue to keep the business’s closed. Let’s continue to force restaurants, airlines, cruise boats and other service industries into bankruptcy. Let’s continue with fiscal relief policies to add debt to the balance sheets and consequently bankrupt countries in the process. Sound like a plan?

From the start of this, I’ve been trying to wrap my head around all of this. There’s no way our monetary policies are sustainable under the current policies. At what point does the world reach that same conclusion? Do we just forgive debt on a worldwide level? Does the debt become just an arbitrary number and we don’t worry about these debt levels? Doesn’t quite seem right that we as a nation or as a world can spend far more than what is being generated by commerce, yet as an individual once you’re past that tipping point your economic disaster becomes your destruction... 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

So....let’s continue to keep the business’s closed. Let’s continue to force restaurants, airlines, cruise boats and other service industries into bankruptcy. Let’s continue with fiscal relief policies to add debt to the balance sheets and consequently bankrupt countries in the process. Sound like a plan?

From the start of this, I’ve been trying to wrap my head around all of this. There’s no way our monetary policies are sustainable under the current policies. At what point does the world reach that same conclusion? Do we just forgive debt on a worldwide level? Does the debt become just an arbitrary number and we don’t worry about these debt levels? Doesn’t quite seem right that we as a nation or as a world can spend far more than what is being generated by commerce, yet as an individual once you’re past that tipping point your economic disaster becomes your destruction... 

...we face the same dilemma , down under.......our glorious leader   Chairperson Adern....has given us a debt of 200 billion and climbing......this in a little country of  5 million folks......I believe the ''plan '' is being followed.......

Mike

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

56 minutes ago, mike newman said:

...we face the same dilemma , down under.......our glorious leader   Chairperson Adern....has given us a debt of 200 billion and climbing......this in a little country of  5 million folks......I believe the ''plan '' is being followed.......

Mike

IF, mind you I say IF. Any group, country or political  party you want to insert here wanted to own and control it all wouldnt a continuation of the current goings on run things to collapse and get folks so desperate or unruly that said group could walk in and take over everything? World wide?  It looks and sounds like world wide it might be pretty similar situation? So who would benefit or be able to pull it off? Someone or a group of someone's with enough power and wealth and either respect or brute force to make it stick? 

In any case if there is a group after this it would not be good for the average person im guessing.

I hope I'm wrong but I foresee 2021 as part 2 of 2020. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, mike newman said:

Mike

The one world government plan? Where individuality is banned. Where freedom of thought, freedom of expression and freedom of self wealth are banned because it’s too demoralizing for people who expect the government to provide. 
That isn’t a world I want to live in, and I don’t think I’m alone in those thoughts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So,         Should anyone expect the future to be any different then the way our government has lying to us in the past?  

Time after time after time we vote in a bunch of Professional politicians that Campaign a bunch of false promises only to be foolishly misguided into another four years of disgrace and disappointment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

IF, mind you I say IF. Any group, country or political  party you want to insert here wanted to own and control it all wouldnt a continuation of the current goings on run things to collapse and get folks so desperate or unruly that said group could walk in and take over everything? World wide?  It looks and sounds like world wide it might be pretty similar situation? So who would benefit or be able to pull it off? Someone or a group of someone's with enough power and wealth and either respect or brute force to make it stick? 

In any case if there is a group after this it would not be good for the average person im guessing.

I hope I'm wrong but I foresee 2021 as part 2 of 2020. 

IF certain factions are allowed to continue unchecked I fear 2020 would be considered a good year compared to what has the potential to become. We need leadership in our governance and not puppets being provided with talking points and fairytales. It takes leadership to tell people the truth, instead of subverting it into something it isn’t, or failing to see the truth when it’s presented.

It takes a populace that is suspicious of a government who dictates one thing to that populace, yet does the complete opposite when it comes to their own people.

It takes commitment to insure freedoms and the consequences are being allowed and enforced when it isn’t.

It takes a government willing to recognize mistakes and threats to that freedom, especially when it comes from within that government.

It takes a media that isn’t glamorized by power or money that is concerned about truth and not peddling it’s own ideas.

It takes a responsibility to teach our history, admit the mistakes and victories of that history and learn from it. 

• Like 6
Just now, lorenzo said:

So,         Should anyone expect the future to be any different then the way our government has lying to us in the past?  

Time after time after time we vote in a bunch of Professional politicians that Campaign a bunch of false promises only to be foolishly misguided into another four years of disgrace and disappointment. 

THIS ^^^^ 

IS THE REASON WHY!

Americans, I’m talking about the people who came here and adopted this country as its own. Has accepted the country and it’s founding documents to be relevant to today’s society as well as society in 1000 years. Those Americans are sick and tired of the Democrats blaming the Republicans and the Republicans blaming the Democrats for everything. 
These career politicians who don’t care about anything but themselves are the reason. Americans are people, not social classes or races. Not male or female but hardworking people who want a better solution. Americans who want opportunities for their own success and their children’s success.

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Yup

That's all you got? Yup?

Regardless whether BJ considers poofing the topic, I see 2021 as a brutal year for working people.

The damage done by the virus are both physical and financial.

I think we are in the infancy stage of the repercussions.

• Like 3

So I'm curious, and I've asked numerous people a good deal older than me this same question.  Are things really more messed up now? Or are we psychologically just making years past look better than they were? While I wasnt alive, one can do some reading and see many tumultuous times in years past.  Political and social chaos, debt, joblessness, inflation etc etc.  I'm not disagreeing current times arent totally fooked, but saying its unprecedented? Maybe not so much.  

Feel free to engage and correct me, cause hey, I'm not near as experienced as others on here :)

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

So I'm curious, and I've asked numerous people a good deal older than me this same question.  Are things really more messed up now? Or are we psychologically just making years past look better than they were? While I wasnt alive, one can do some reading and see many tumultuous times in years past.  Political and social chaos, debt, joblessness, inflation etc etc.  I'm not disagreeing current times arent totally fooked, but saying its unprecedented? Maybe not so much.  

Feel free to engage and correct me, cause hey, I'm not near as experienced as others on here :)

Just a quick thought, but I think the extermination of the Jewish people are the worse period in modern history. We haven’t reached that level, and with the Grace of God, we won’t 

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Just a quick thought, but I think the extermination of the Jewish people are the worse period in modern history. We haven’t reached that level, and with the Grace of God, we won’t 

Exactly, can you imagine the storm clouds gathering before 2 world wars? The Cuban missile crisis? The vietnam war and the unrest in the 60's? Having a president assassinated? Humanity is kinda always on the brink.  I just think its comforting for us to look back and make it look better.  I look back at the 90's as a great time.  For some living then it was not.  We will get through it.  

My only worry is we have this little thing to throw a wrench into it called Technology.....which is a bit of a wild card breaking onto the stage in the last 20 years.  It is certainly taken situations that are not unusual and put a twist on it.   

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MTO said:

I think we are in the infancy stage of the repercussions.

Ive been saying that since the spring. 

I posted these pictures back in April to bring home the fact of all the money governments have been creating out of thin air. This is what it could eventually lead to. 

800wm.jpeg.thumb.jpg.33b2a72aada8c54d71463d145d81b9d0.jpg

586428280_ChildrenplayingwithstacksofhyperinflatedcurrencyduringtheWeimarRepublic1922.thumb.jpg.6334cabb2f01e9510174cdb7028d2957.jpg

b229433496668f43d6dbbec4a2698674.jpg.a9bfbf4db222f65432685f0f1e76898a.jpg

2 hours ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Just not enough goOd old farmer fortitude PERIOD

2 hours ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

I have wondered this too. Not since the 60s have we seen this much unrest and turmoil imo. Yes ww1 and 2 and the great depression of the 30s were also bleak times as well.

I hope this doesn't get as bad as those times. I was pretty young being born in 65 but this seems to be approaching or in some cases surpassing  the unrest of the 60s imo. I don't recall nightly riots for what 90 plus days like in Washington  state or Oregon?

Also  that stuff wasn't funded and fed by big money as far as I can recall? Also the racial tension  was tempered by men like mlk who stressed peaceful  protest,  not protest at any cost. Idk feel free to disagree or correct/ add input.

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

I agree with the attempted extermination of the Jewish population as one of the biggest atrocities in world history.

I look at it this way which is relatable. The government is currently singling out people of dissent in hopes the problem takes care of itself. The Jewish population was given an arm band bearing on the star of David so everyone knew who was Jewish and who wasn't. The government today "mandates" you wear a mask (the arm band) and that way they can tell the sheep (mask wearers) from the dissenters (non mask wearers). We've now identified the problem and know who to target for removal.

It's happening in our community. The county government is in the process of trying to approve an ordinance that allows a non elected (appointed) official to act as the health director and gives them unlimited access to public and private locations to remove any person they feel might be contagious. Guess who's businesses and houses they'll be trying to enter first? All in the name of "public safety". Also our school board hosted a "public comment" forum on an additional mask mandate school district wide. The district administrator is all for the mask mandate and is clearly power drunk. He has in the last three weeks singled out the kids of every person who stood in front of the board and opposed an additional mask mandate and sent them and their siblings home with "Covid like symptoms". Can't return without a negative test or a 14 day quarantine. One girl and three of her brothers we know were sent home with "Covid symptoms" because she was struggling with menstrual cramps. Now that's some way to treat a middle school girl isn't it.

• Confused 1

The Jewish people took a beating prior to WWII,  and don't forget how many millions of Christians died under those communist ******** in Russia and Eastern Europe.  Im a Russian Orthodox Christian and my Godmothers father escaped the Soviet union.  At 90 years old,  I still think he would kill the first nitwit college kid who tried to explain how communism was good.  He is one of the proudest Americans I know.