Great Pictures,   We also use a JD 653A head,  We rebuilt our head 5 years ago,   new gears and skid plates.

We cultivate our beans like you,   The folks that haven't seen these individual row heads pickup the lowest bean pod on the stem, with a dual rubber belt, it's amazing to put these heads on the ground and watch them float over uneven ground,  because of cultivating the ground, and Tillage radishes humping the ground, and other small stones making the ground uneven,  these heads are worth the investment.

When you look at the pictures, you can see the split down the center of the noses of the 653A head, 

We harvest more beans with this style of head, than our 17 foot IH 1020 head.

Great picture of the tillage Radishes, Some folks haven't used this type of cover crop. 

We planted 160 Acres of tillage radishes this fall,  8-10 pounds per acre.

What a challenge with your twin Rotor,   Your repairs will give it a longer life,   The New Holland combines in our area being sent to the salvaged yards.  Dealer support is part of the problem.

Our Bean Fields are not as weed free as your fields,   Pockets of Fox tail & thistles haunt or fields, Red root weeds on the muck fields.

We love to see "RED PAINT" working in the fields.

Thanks again for the pictures.   Jim Droscha

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

The New Holland combines in our area being sent to the salvaged yards.  Dealer support is part of the problem.

Williams not support the New Holland Combines? Just the tractors and hay equipment? 

Are thd tillage radishes volunteer or are they interseeded? What soybean variety?

Fantastic thread keep it up!

5 hours ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Great Pictures,   We also use a JD 653A head,  We rebuilt our head 5 years ago,   new gears and skid plates.

We cultivate our beans like you,   The folks that haven't seen these individual row heads pickup the lowest bean pod on the stem, with a dual rubber belt, it's amazing to put these heads on the ground and watch them float over uneven ground,  because of cultivating the ground, and Tillage radishes humping the ground, and other small stones making the ground uneven,  these heads are worth the investment.

When you look at the pictures, you can see the split down the center of the noses of the 653A head, 

We harvest more beans with this style of head, than our 17 foot IH 1020 head.

Great picture of the tillage Radishes, Some folks haven't used this type of cover crop. 

We planted 160 Acres of tillage radishes this fall,  8-10 pounds per acre.

What a challenge with your twin Rotor,   Your repairs will give it a longer life,   The New Holland combines in our area being sent to the salvaged yards.  Dealer support is part of the problem.

Our Bean Fields are not as weed free as your fields,   Pockets of Fox tail & thistles haunt or fields, Red root weeds on the muck fields.

We love to see "RED PAINT" working in the fields.

Thanks again for the pictures.   Jim Droscha

Might want to back the rate down on the radishes, they actually work better at lower rates. 4-5#/ac is plenty. If you plant at higher rates they do not get as big therefore not doing as good a job. Just what we have learned after planting them for the last 12-13 years

• Like 1

Thanks for the pictures.  I've never tried the tillage radishes personally but have been around some fields of them and they smell terrible when they start to rot.

Are you unloading at your own place or at a processor/buyer?  It's interesting the way it is plumbed, I assume separate tubes for different bins.  But that must be a painfully slow process with that small vac.

58 minutes ago, Red Flyer said:

Tried organic soybeans this year but the deer ate them all.

I raffed.

But they ate mine first the year I tried it.

Tillage radish in the picture was planted last year after wheat. I did kill a lot of radish with my weed zapper.

The grain vacuum is a 4 inch the highest i lift with it is about 35 feet. I can unload my truck 450 bushels in about an hour and fifteen minutes.

The johndeer row crop head works real good for me. The new holland 973 flex head is junk i hate the thing. All crop heads get all the beans and work good in down crop. Having a feeder house reverser lateral tilt and adjustable feeder house speed sure makes operation easier.

I try to sell most soybeans as food grade so the goal is to get as many to the bin as possible. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, IH Forever said:

Thanks for the pictures.  I've never tried the tillage radishes personally but have been around some fields of them and they smell terrible when they start to rot.

Are you unloading at your own place or at a processor/buyer?  It's interesting the way it is plumbed, I assume separate tubes for different bins.  But that must be a painfully slow process with that small vac.

Yes i have a small seed cleaning facility. It's not that slow. Or maybe i just don't know better! Yes each pipe is to a bin. I have pipes ran all over the place. 

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 8:48 AM, Reichow7120 said:

Williams not support the New Holland Combines? Just the tractors and hay equipment? 

I Was at the "New Holland" dealership this Morning,  The Owner of "Williams Farm Machinery"  answered your question,   

He Said,   We Made that New Holland Combine Decision when the New Holland Blockman told us how many combines we had to have on our lot.

We had a Full Line of "New Gleaner's" setting for sale next to the road,  We had plenty of used "Gleaners" for sale behind the building.

New Hollands concept of Twin Rotors may have been a great Idea,  But there Heads were terrible,  I will sell all the other equipment in there Product line,

But we won't handle combines.  He said for a while we wouldn't take one in for a trade-in,..... That's why you never saw "Yellow" combines here.............. We sell Gleaners,       Gleaners are a great Machine,    Our customer's want Gleaners......... That was His statement.

Williams Farm Machinery in Charlotte MI,  moves a tremendous amount of equipment,   They have a Great sales staff,  Large Display of New equipment & used Equipment,  Great friendly Dealership,  Always doing Community events,  I have a lot of respect for these folks.

Thanks for Asking,   Jim Droscha