You guys from Wisconsin - child day care law?

My wife is from Wisconsin, all her family is there.  I'm lifelong resident of Washington State, which is where we reside.  Her niece had a baby 7 weeks ago.  She is currently working from home due to the virus BS.  She is telling my wife that by Wisconsin law she HAS to put her new child in day care if she is working from home.  Is this true????  She has to put her newborn child in daycare because she is working from home?  Her employer has no problem with her tending to her baby while working.  I'm sorry, if this is true I am aghast, even here on the left coast I've never heard of such a thing.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Scott! said:

Um...no.  I don't know what else to say!?!

What he said.

Look, we've got some problems in this state *ahhemmm Madison*, but this isn't one

My wife has a masters in early childhood education and development, specifically birth-3rd grade, she agrees that that doesn’t sound right, in VT some areas of state department are allowing newborns to go to work with their parents to not add to overcrowding of daycare. We both agree that unless there is some kind of DCF intervention or similar, and i am not casting aspersions on your family, that the requiring of a child to be put into daycare is absurd and also likely not the case. There must be some miscommunication, unless there is more to this situation than meets the eye. 

• Like 1

Is her work requiring her to not take care of her child AND work from home?  Now that I could see.  That would be a terrible employer, but it would be more plausible.

As I think about it, our marketing director just had a baby.  She took a full 12 weeks of maternity leave and then worked from home for a couple extra months.  She and my employer felt that putting her baby in daycare in this BS environment was not best for anyone and let her work from home.

As I think more, a marketing person from Kuhn (Brodhead, WI) had a nearly identical situation to ours at the lab. (Watertown, WI)

• Like 1

I doubt very much if there is a WI state statute requiring infant to be enrolled in a daycare while it's mother is working from home.....http://dhs.wisconsin.gov has an overwhelming amount of  info.

Call 1-800-362-9472 to contact her district Assembly person & or State Senator's office to ask for clarification of state statutes regarding this issue.