Jump to content

Pictures for the hunters , taken this week


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

beautiful, hope you get a record maker 

Saw two small bucks and there doe is all tonight. Have to be another day

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lorenzo said:

My brother in law is a commissioner for the game and parks . He gets all the latest pictures,  I don’t know any of those people in the photos personally. 
 

However I’m pretty sure they were all taken the old fashion way with patience and hard work. 

No doubt shot at several hundred yards with big guns and high quality glass. 

So which one of the commissioners do you claim? My old boss was one and Bill Zutavern’s youngest son and I share the same birthday. Those guys have both passed away and have not been on the commission for 20 years or close to it. 
I used to stay up on them but since I moved to Kansas haven’t paid much attention. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the stand tonight I saw 4 different buck . This one I was going to shoot if it got close enough. He had an arrow in him high and center. Talked to a neighboring club and know where it wandered in from. He got under 70 yards and I was preparing to get ready but he turned away into the brush. He did move around okay and might be fine next year or maybe not. 

Screenshot_2020-10-09-18-31-45.png

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy #$!@ those things are monsters!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this guy (winter killed) fencing above medicine creek.

IMG_20200508_131750625_HDR.thumb.jpg.e538a30a8073edf3c2927bf7b2eeb83a.jpg

Seeing more and more.

They came down from Rosebud Rez and are thriving.

Was told not that hard to get a landowners permit but haven't checked into it.

If the keep populating, will definitely look into it.

The big bulls I am seeing are still too skittish to get a good pic with cell phone camera.

Genetics are improving with the Muleys, wish I had a better camera

IMG_20200909_145736854_HDR.thumb.jpg.1a15527867698df49c515e4151ec8458.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

A week ago right now I helped my brother load this one on the back of his buggy. After weighing in at 240 I realized why he was hard to get on the carying rack. Last picture shows what he looked like last year. Green grossed out at 151 6/8" . One of our landlords found one shed last spring

Screenshot_2020-10-10-19-46-40.png

Screenshot_2020-10-10-19-46-27.png

Screenshot_2020-10-10-19-46-47.png

Screenshot_2020-10-10-19-46-53.png

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bitty said:

Last picture shows what he looked like last year.

 

On 10/10/2020 at 1:41 AM, sandhiller said:

Found this guy (winter killed) fencing above medicine creek.

Bitty and Sandhiller if my 8 year old gets ahold of my phone & RPF is up and sees these, he will want to make a road trip.  He watches Luke Bryan and his crew on YouTube and talks about shooting a big buck...even though we haven’t got any buck yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TeachersPet1066 said:

 

Bitty and Sandhiller if my 8 year old gets ahold of my phone & RPF is up and sees these, he will want to make a road trip.  He watches Luke Bryan and his crew on YouTube and talks about shooting a big buck...even though we haven’t got any buck yet.

Not a better thing to get interested in for a youngster than hunting.

They learn so much about nature and animals. (and themselves) 

When I was little, my grandpa subscribed to Outdoor Life, Sports Afield and Field and Stream. Whenever we went to visit, I was glued to those mags and went out and put my new found knowledge to use around his farm. 

Drove everyone crazy with my "expertise"😁

Luckily I was a part of a hunting and fishing family growing up that encouraged my passion. My boys all got this DNA and it helped they had hunting and fishing opportunities within walking distance growing up. 

You can tell a young person who has this experience, they seem more responsible more mature. 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Not a better thing to get interested in for a youngster than hunting.

They learn so much about nature and animals. (and themselves) 

When I was little, my grandpa subscribed to Outdoor Life, Sports Afield and Field and Stream. Whenever we went to visit, I was glued to those mags and went out and put my new found knowledge to use around his farm. 

Drove everyone crazy with my "expertise"😁

Luckily I was a part of a hunting and fishing family growing up that encouraged my passion. My boys all got this DNA and it helped they had hunting and fishing opportunities within walking distance growing up. 

You can tell a young person who has this experience, they seem more responsible more mature. 

 

I couldn’t agree more.
 

My Grandpa subscribed to Outdoor Life and Field & Stream. He lived 2 hrs away and when we went to visit he would send his old issues home with me. My Father never has hunted so Grandpa and an Uncle were the reason for my outdoor passions.  Once I was old enough for 4H, Mom started taking me to shooting sports.  You couldn’t give me enough shells to get sick of it.  I hope my son decides to like outdoor sports over “ball” sports.

By the time I was in high school I gave up on sports for the outdoors. The football coach wanted me to play because I’ve never been a little guy. I wouldn’t play so, in turn, I got beat on in PE while he laughed and turned a deaf ear. Didn’t matter to me. Pain is just weakness leaving the body I suppose. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

By the time I was in high school I gave up on sports for the outdoors. The football coach wanted me to play because I’ve never been a little guy. I wouldn’t play so, in turn, I got beat on in PE while he laughed and turned a deaf ear. Didn’t matter to me. Pain is just weakness leaving the body I suppose. 

To bad people can be so shallow. Can cause a lot of pain to the innocent. 

Hate that you had to go through it but I am sure it molded you into the man you are today. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

 

By the time I was in high school I gave up on sports for the outdoors. The football coach wanted me to play because I’ve never been a little guy. I wouldn’t play so, in turn, I got beat on in PE while he laughed and turned a deaf ear. Didn’t matter to me. Pain is just weakness leaving the body I suppose. 

It sounds like you are following in the footsteps of Phil Robertson .....

Forged duck calls ? Is that even possible? ;)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bitty said:

It sounds like you are following in the footsteps of Phil Robertson .....

Forged duck calls ? Is that even possible? ;)

 

Speaking of ducks (you brought it up bitty)😜😁

223135921_ducksgod.jpeg.864a5b9a18ec64a024a798385816df59.jpeg

 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Not a better thing to get interested in for a youngster than hunting.

They learn so much about nature and animals. (and themselves) 

When I was little, my grandpa subscribed to Outdoor Life, Sports Afield and Field and Stream. Whenever we went to visit, I was glued to those mags and went out and put my new found knowledge to use around his farm. 

Drove everyone crazy with my "expertise"😁

Luckily I was a part of a hunting and fishing family growing up that encouraged my passion. My boys all got this DNA and it helped they had hunting and fishing opportunities within walking distance growing up. 

You can tell a young person who has this experience, they seem more responsible more mature. 

 

....wise words    Jeff.......words that ring true  in any rural area .....and remember in our country , NZ, has no seasons  for hunting......365 days a  year hunting

....incidentally  , I still  have all my late 50's all 60's  and early seventies    Field and Stream and Outdoor   Life  magazines.......all packed in box's   ...hopefully  to be read again......(when I get old ...sigh )...always   great reading.....

Mike

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mike newman said:

....wise words    Jeff.......words that ring true  in any rural area .....and remember in our country , NZ, has no seasons  for hunting......365 days a  year hunting

....incidentally  , I still  have all my late 50's all 60's  and early seventies    Field and Stream and Outdoor   Life  magazines.......all packed in box's   ...hopefully  to be read again......(when I get old ...sigh )...always   great reading.....

Mike

Those would be great to peruse!

A time capsule for sure. 

Couldn't think of a better way to spend a cold winter night in front of a crackling fire!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bitty said:

It sounds like you are following in the footsteps of Phil Robertson .....

Forged duck calls ? Is that even possible? ;)

 

I have a couple coyote calls made from .223 casings?
 

My point in sharing all that was, it made me believe in me.   The outdoors is an open book that is continually being written. I have been known to tell people that shooting things was the only thing I was ever good at. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I get a rush from hunting. Outsmart your quarry while respecting it.  Be a student of nature. Read how the old timers did things. They were all tougher than us so take notes 😊

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I have a couple coyote calls made from .223 casings?
 

My point in sharing all that was, it made me believe in me.   The outdoors is an open book that is continually being written. I have been known to tell people that shooting things was the only thing I was ever good at. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I get a rush from hunting. Outsmart your quarry while respecting it.  Be a student of nature. Read how the old timers did things. They were all tougher than us so take notes 😊

Very rewarding to pursue a specific buck or two and then be fortunate enough to figure out how to get one harvested. The one thing better than harvesting a deer is being with your kids when they shoot their first one 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bitty said:

Very rewarding to pursue a specific buck or two and then be fortunate enough to figure out how to get one harvested. The one thing better than harvesting a deer is being with your kids when they shoot their first one 

and with your wife and her first one and the all of them on their second, third etc.................now those are memory makers 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really close to getting a shot tonight. I saw the buck I am after at 105 yards with two other bucks. They worked past me close but I didn't have a shooting lane through the apple trees that way . They then fed on the neighbors side of the line for the rest of the night. I had him within bow range for 45 minutes or so. He was at 25 in the picture here . Always another day . Felt blessed to see him so close so long and I was undetected even though they went downwind when passing through 

Screenshot_2020-10-14-19-27-25.png

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bitty said:

I was really close to getting a shot tonight. I saw the buck I am after at 105 yards with two other bucks. They worked past me close but I didn't have a shooting lane through the apple trees that way . They then fed on the neighbors side of the line for the rest of the night. I had him within bow range for 45 minutes or so. He was at 25 in the picture here . Always another day . Felt blessed to see him so close so long and I was undetected even though they went downwind when passing through 

Screenshot_2020-10-14-19-27-25.png

How close do you want him? 
These bucks are once a season bucks for me. Just don’t take the time to hunt anymore. But, I did purchase a hunting license this year. That’s a start!😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

How close do you want him? 
These bucks are once a season bucks for me. Just don’t take the time to hunt anymore. But, I did purchase a hunting license this year. That’s a start!😂

He was close enough for sure ..... but ...... He was 8 yards on the neighbors side of the line. This stand is set up for the predominant direction of travel . Unfortunately I didn't have a shooting lane through the apple trees when they cruised by on our land . They got in the neighbors field and worked over to the one place I had a great opportunity for a shot but it was a no go on the shot because of the line . I did have my heart rate increased for over an hour. Lol 

A couple of times it looked like a passing car was going to spook them back to the brush ground and I was ready to get an arrow flying if that happened

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...