Combining soybeans with a 715 for the first time

So I am getting the 715 ready to harvest soybeans for my first time. I would appreciate any advice. Is the owners manual spot on for settings? 

Ran a 715 for 25 years. Never cut soybeans but don't be afraid of it. Those are a descent combine for their vintage. I ran a 20 ft 810 head in wheat, barley and milo. Operators book is a good place to start from.

Depends what size bean head your gonna use , Don't cut into too many green beans either those combines choke easy

I run a 615 which is the same but a straw walker narrower. Manual is a good place to start. Usually run the fan about 900 , cylinder speed almost always with the large pulley on the beater shaft, smaller one down below. The combine will let you know if the beans are actually ready to run.  If they are too tough, lots of pods in the bin--increase cylinder speed.  lots of splits, slow it down.  Wrapping around the auger, too tough, cut them free with a saws all and wait for dryer conditions. cab

I think it is a 13 foot head. I know grandpa took 5 28 inch rows with it. It is a corn bean special. It is a gas hydro, I assume use 1st gear?

I always ran mine in 2nd. Mine was a 79 model rice special, diesel 310, hydrostatic. I saw several 715s with mud hogs back in the day. Thx-Ace