Good to see you're still alive an kickin' Rusty!

Need to dress the last one up to look like a caboose😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That is a grain train right there. A caboose would be appropriate, oh wait, maybe a FRED.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, 801486 said:

It'd take me all day to get them hooked together.

Only takes minutes,  ya park 2 at a time and 1 person can roll them empty to the 2 ahead, works best on a flat gravel road

• Like 2

I don't know where you found all the center dump wagons, especially all dmi.

• Like 1

Wife's cousin has the farm across the road from us. He used to pull either 5 or 6 wagons with flatbeds to haul hay. Liked watching how they would all follow each either when he went in and out of the gravel road across from the house. 

• Like 2

When my Great Grandpa was still farming in the early 90s he had 8 Killbros 350 ( 240 bushel capacity) he pulled in 4 wagon tows. Pulled one tow with a 806 and the other with his Gas 460. He would fill all 8 with whatever crop and back then there were 2 elevators that would send a semi truck to your farm and you loaded it up in the yard. No one does that anymore around here so you're now pretty much forced to haul your own grain. 

• Like 1

I bet if you put the 1456 in front you could pull all 8 loaded! But dont let the wife see that.......😂

• Haha 3

Probably would not be able to run real fast.

A little slack here and a little slack there makes a big difference to the #8.

But considering the amount moved, you can run slower and get a lot done.

Ever give all 8 a try loaded? Not a good idea, but I wouldn't be able to help myself. 

One other thought, do you have a specific order to pull them in? Everybody has that one wagon that likes to wander a bit, can't think it would be much fun to have that one towards the front of the train.

2 hours ago, Cattech said:

Ever give all 8 a try loaded? Not a good idea, but I wouldn't be able to help myself. 

One other thought, do you have a specific order to pull them in? Everybody has that one wagon that likes to wander a bit, can't think it would be much fun to have that one towards the front of the train.

You sure don’t want it on the back. Crack the whip real easy.....

Isn’t there some sort of legality involved in pulling that many wagons? When I was farming in Michigan, the most I ever pulled at once were 2 big gravity dump grain wagons, with either of my 1456’s, 1066, or 1466. I suppose each state’s laws may differ. 

57 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

Isn’t there some sort of legality involved in pulling that many wagons? When I was farming in Michigan, the most I ever pulled at once were 2 big gravity dump grain wagons, with either of my 1456’s, 1066, or 1466. I suppose each state’s laws may differ. 

Its Its only illegal if you get caught. My example above was in Michigan. 4 loaded wagons behind a 806 or 460. Granted he didn't move them far on the road but he did do it.

18 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

This is how we normally pull wagons.  2 Kilbros 385’s at a time.

A1A9A49D-9068-4170-8AA9-EF3A42CD4414.jpeg

Looks good! I noticed over the years you have all yours set as right hand unload. Almost never see that. Any particular reason for the right hand unload, just curious?

6 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Legally a pickup can pull one wagon, a tractor can pull two. If you look, most wagons say not to pull a second one loaded. That’s usually a liability issue, but some just don’t put much strength in the rear hitch.

16 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Looks good! I noticed over the years you have all yours set as right hand unload. Almost never see that. Any particular reason for the right hand unload, just curious?

Ours have all been set up right hand unload allthough i just bought 3 set up to the left and will probly leave them that way. Dad always thought it was better to have the heavier side to the center of the road due to the crown of our county roads, there for door to the ditch side.  

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, 1480x3 said:

Dad always thought it was better to have the heavier side to the center of the road due to the crown of our county roads,

I try to load a little more like that for the same reason.

I have to say that I like the look of that 1566 with the belly tank and the big tires!

I have wagons set up for different sides because I bought them that way.  I do prefer left hand unload behind the pickup because it is easier to line up with the auger.  The right hand unload wagons help for a couple unloading scenarios that I deal with.

I have spent the last 2 weeks hauling seed corn to Fremont Iowa. I HATE topping a hill only to see a pair of gravity wagons at the bottom. I understand why you use them, and they are probably safer than the old IH190s with 400 bushel. 
The other day I was following a wagon through Hedrick, and a car goes around it. The guy was trying to make a left hand turn and did have his signal on on his tractor, but nothing on the left side of the wagon. Really scary part was that they were moving a big auger in front of the wagon. Pulled by another front wheel assist JD. The car had to swerve around it to. 
Have a safe and prosperous harvest!!

16 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

I cant answer that.  Our wagons have always been set up for right hand dump for as long as I can remember!