Swinging grain auger hopper other side

I got my grain auger home and want to change the hopper auger to the other side. Can I just take my loader and move it to the other side, change bracket and go?

I do want to tear anything up!

Thx- 

Photo0505.jpg

17 minutes ago, farmer john 8910 said:

Just roll it around to the other side while it’s unhooked on ours the arm just flips over to lift it on the other side

×2. Did that on the Hutchinson we have when we bought it. 

I have one bin I have to unhook and rotate the swing for. It’s roght in front of the house. Auger is in that bin now actually. Little bit of a pain man handling the lifting arm but otherwise no big deal. Been real careful to not scratch the powder coating on my auger. So far it’s gotten away unscathed.  Awkward straddling the auger tube trying to manhanlde that 100 or so pounds of steal without falling and having it land on you. 

Upon examining the pictures closely I do not believe that you are going to be able to change sides with the swing away auger.  Therefore I recommend that you find a different auger and deliver this auger to me for “disposal”.

Seriously, that looks like a nice auger that I would really like to have!!!  Good luck with it!

4 hours ago, Cool1566 said:

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. 
You wanted to know something so you asked a question. Don’t feel stupid. 

IIRC the most stupid question is the one that wasn't asked

10 hours ago, acem said:

I do want to tear anything up!

Thx- 

Photo0505.jpg

I can think of plenty of ways to tear that thing up. I’m surprised you need advise on how to do it. 

Use it to auger crushed gravel and fill her full. 

I have 5 bin sites and move 4 swing away augers around in the fall filling bins.  Several times a fall we will have to switch a auger side to side.  Hutchinson and Westfields are both simple to do.  I just unhook, drive forward and swing it to the other side and hook back up. 

17 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

IIRC the most stupid question is the one that wasn't asked

Will you marry me comes to mind.....

• Haha 1