1466 water pump

1 hour ago, KyIH said:

No, the new one was said to be manufactured overseas probably China. Is the CNH reman of better quality than a new aftermarket? 

Sadly to say Case IH , John Deere whoever are having their stuff remanufactured in china or mexico and the Damn stuff is still way over priced I've been buying after market at Abilene machine for older IH stuff and a lot of their parts originate from canada which is much better

12 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Just make sure you spin it after you bolt it up tight and before you finish any other assembly. Been a lot of issues with fins that are too tall lately. Not sure why, nobody has an answer.

My neighbor just had to replace the water pump in his 2010 Chevy Silverado a couple weeks ago. He bought the replacement water pump at an O'Reilly Auto Parts store. I was over talking to him while he was working on it. I went to check out the new pump in the box and picked it up. For no particular reason I tried to turn it and it wouldn't spin. I couldn't budge it. My neighbor was pissed. He ran it back to the store and they didn't have another one so he said they sent him to another location to get one. He tried that one before he left and it spun OK by hand. The junk they put out these days.

The last one I got from  Abilene Machine had  no dowel pins. They told me to use it without but I really didn’t like that idea. I had to have some made since the hole in the water pump was bigger than the hole in the timing over. It needed stepped dowels. 

6 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

The last one I got from  Abilene Machine had  no dowel pins. They told me to use it without but I really didn’t like that idea. I had to have some made since the hole in the water pump was bigger than the hole in the timing over. It needed stepped dowels. 

Every water pump from those engines I've replaced the dowels stayed in the rear housing as far as hole size that a total different matter never ran into that before only issue I had on one pump was the hub flange out of alignment when the fan pulley was installed

On 9/28/2020 at 8:46 PM, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Just make sure you spin it after you bolt it up tight and before you finish any other assembly. Been a lot of issues with fins that are too tall lately. Not sure why, nobody has an answer.

We got a CNH rebuilt pump for our 4494. Was putting it in and wouldn't go all the way in. Had to push the impeller almost 3/4" more than where it was. Not bad when you're by the shop, a bit more frustrating on the field!