Buddy that stinks aloud! Sorry to see all the bad luck! If it were me i would quit for the day and start again in the morning!

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I have always dreamt of a grain vac.  Shoveling is not a lot of fun.  Yes, I am told that a grain vac is no picnic, but it sure beats shoveling!  Especially out of the ditch!!!

Awesome cleaning out bins as all the dust is outside and air moving in the bin.

Had a fuel leak and broke clean grain auger first night of wet corn. Fixed those next day then an hour later the double sided cleaning system drive belt let go. Got that replaced along with the return elevator drive chain and fired it up to see air screen not moving, so pulled that off to clean debris from behind and found 1 roller bearing out as well. Fixed that and next day the 5/8" all thread for adjusting separator drive belt let go. But Thursday and Friday  went great and we finished the pile. Wife runs the 2388 and was ready to quit, lol

Years ago had a neighbor park his car in a lane to our field and went to the town bar hopping. I had a 1959 IH grain truck full of shelled corn coming out of the back field. When I got close I could see no one was around. I thought I had room to ease around but the edge of the lane had a sink hole so I put the right rear tires in it. I put the truck way over on it's side. We called the sheriff but he said if no contact, the neighbor was not at fault. Dad thanked him and told him if he wasn't going to do anything to a trespasser, to leave. After we got most of the corn shoveled into gravity wagons dad hooked on to the car and moved it out of the way. After wee got the truck out, dad put the car in the hole the truck made. 3 in the morning the neighbor, too drunk to even walk, asked dad to pull him out because he said he drove in the ditch and got stuck. Dad left it there so he called a wrecker in the morning.

6 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Okay, the wagon makes perfect sense, but what happened with the truck? Sunny and dry and not a busy road how did this come about?

Don't quote me but from the angle of the truck im wondering if hewas pulling out of the field on the left. There is a ditch there and he cut the corner short and dropped the tandems into the ditch and the load pulled him over. The truck doesn't look like it skidded to its resting spot to me.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, 660 driver said:

Buddy that stinks aloud! Sorry to see all the bad luck! If it were me i would quit for the day and start again in the morning!

That seems to help sometimes

18 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I have always dreamt of a grain vac.  Shoveling is not a lot of fun.  Yes, I am told that a grain vac is no picnic, but it sure beats shoveling!  Especially out of the ditch!!!

X100!

Shoveling grain out of the ditch brings back nightmares.

20 hours ago, farmer john 8910 said:

Been quite a day!!!

DD5520C6-88BD-4885-87E2-528CF4B46466.jpeg

B7A3B3D3-4135-4FC1-AA7E-DDCCBA0D82E7.jpeg

19262061-8733-41D8-ADBC-6A409C788E6F.jpeg

Just out of stupid curiosity, was it the axle or the gear itself that failed on the Brent? We have a newer 544 and am wondering if there's anything we need to keep a eye on before something like this happens to us.

On 9/26/2020 at 5:47 PM, farmer john 8910 said:

Been quite a day!!!

DD5520C6-88BD-4885-87E2-528CF4B46466.jpeg

B7A3B3D3-4135-4FC1-AA7E-DDCCBA0D82E7.jpeg

19262061-8733-41D8-ADBC-6A409C788E6F.jpeg

oh heck...........the first one i would have called bitty and finney,  I know bitty fixed some big wagon axles last year and i know finney can fabricate n weld too!!! - the second one i would have just sat and cried if that happened all in one day probably would have had to talk me out of the truck - side note, the 806 looks happy running the vac!! Nothing like the slow motion feeling of tipping over on your side and waiting for everything to stop moving. Then the embarrassment feeling hits. Guessing that was a corner and missed the culvert with the power lines heading back that way. Not that i would know anything about that - ugh hmmmm 

13 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Okay, the wagon makes perfect sense, but what happened with the truck? Sunny and dry and not a busy road how did this come about?

There were 4 of our trucks, two other guys shelling corn and one cutting beans on that road. The driver got lost in the dust from the other trucks and pulled over to let dust settle. When he took off again the shoulder caved off under the trailer 

9 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Just out of stupid curiosity, was it the axle or the gear itself that failed on the Brent? We have a newer 544 and am wondering if there's anything we need to keep a eye on before something like this happens to us.

The spindle snapped off at the threads