parts shows a item for a 806 radiator a strip under the bottom but does not even list or explain it. Is  a piece of foam  supposed to go under it? Any information would be greatly appreciated 

Its a simple piece of foam to keep the metal radiator from rubbing a hole through itself on the metal steering bolster. Anything about "yay" thick will work. Exact dimensions and composition are not all that important.

Just swapped the radiator on the 856 last weekend. We left the old foam right where it was. The new radiator is suspended above the bolster by the side mounts anyway.

1 hour ago, 7and8and1456 said:

Dispose of it. All it does is get wet, stay wet and cause rusting of the steel hydraulic lines that supply oil to power steering.  Had to make a brazing repair to rusted lines on one of my tractors recently. 

X2 !!  The iso-mount hangers hold the radiator in place so it should never set on the bolster assembly.

It's there to force air thru the radiator instead of around it. 

• Like 1
On 9/25/2020 at 4:53 PM, 7and8and1456 said:

Dispose of it. All it does is get wet, stay wet and cause rusting of the steel hydraulic lines that supply oil to power steering.  Had to make a brazing repair to rusted lines on one of my tractors recently. 

When I pulled the radiator in my 706, to replace those lines, because they rusted through, I left it out for that reason.  I haven't noticed any difference in cooling since.

Had my radiator cleaned and serviced this spring. Left foam out. Haven't noticed any difference in my 806.