• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

u meant to say the Claas bearly snorted¬†ūüôĄ

Friend lost 17 hives to a bear Bear lost in the end.

Posted Images

I shot at one Wednesday while chopping corn

Not rocket science bear proofing a hive  especially when you have that many.

If I killed everything that gave me grief.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, MTO said:

My brother in law has bees and works for a guy who has many bees. Once a bear learn how to get past the electric fence they will never stop at it again. We have some corn fields that 10+% is ruined by bears. We are rural enough that the PGC releases them nearby after they are captured somewhere else for being a nuisance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, bitty said:

I shot at one Wednesday while chopping corn

The one we saw was covered in mainge . I have never seen anything as bad as this. If we see it again I will try to get a picture if possible. It went towards the last corn standing in the immediate area and we might be chopping it tomorrow

33 minutes ago, MTO said:

Obviously you have 0 bear experience.  Guy here just went to chop 20ac corn.  50% was gone from bears.  Now the neighbor is getting after it since every day from the hill above its estimated they destroy another half acre a night

Bear do Not mix with humans...period

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Obviously you have 0 bear experience.  Guy here just went to chop 20ac corn.  50% was gone from bears.  Now the neighbor is getting after it since every day from the hill above its estimated they destroy another half acre a night

Bear do Not mix with humans...period

We have the population creeping up the mountains in coquitlam and north van, idiots are on camera feeding them, leaving food out for them and not properly getting rid of their garbage, the bears pay for it in the end.

7 hours ago, Cool1566 said:

Does the friend live near you?? No bears here in Western KY 

He is about 1-1/2 hours northeast. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, MTO said:

Don't know anything about rockets. The only thing I would have done different was not letting Fish &Game have it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bear population is out of control here. Sows are raising 3-4 cubs a year. I was coming home one evening back in the middle of summer and literally saw one sitting in the middle of the road. They know when trash pickup day is, as every trash can on the road will have been turned over and rooted through. One morning I saw a bears rump sticking out of a large can. When I honked my horn, it backed out and looked at me as if to say "hey, I'm trying to eat breakfast here!"  There are a couple a month killed by cars in the local area, which is probably the biggest "predation" threat they have.

Always something 

I would LOVE to get another black bear - I got a nice cinnamon from montana when i lived there, I want a large boar black one - trying to fulfill a dream of my uncle that has passed with his rifle he left to my dad and I. 

Not sure where I will try to hunt them when I do but I want a good sized one and will be picky. 

in regards to flavor i thot it tasted more like pork vs beef as someone mentioned, definitely had to trim off some areas. 

We made a good part of the farm income off honey production when I was small. You can bet Yogi be a rug back in those days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, MTO said:

How would you go about bear proofing them? 

On 9/25/2020 at 11:00 AM, IH766 said:

How would you go about bear proofing them? 

Well, even though I obviously know NOTHING about this topic, I pass. 

Just now, MTO said:

Well, even though I obviously know NOTHING about this topic, I pass. 

Sorry I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I was just generally curious. We had decent luck with electric fencing but there was the odd troublemaker that had to be dealt with. If there's different methods I would definitely be all ears

2 minutes ago, IH766 said:

Sorry I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I was just generally curious. We had decent luck with electric fencing but there was the odd troublemaker that had to be dealt with. If there's different methods I would definitely be all ears

Only way I know of is the HOT fence  with bacon hanging from the wire ...... I am not sure if the bacon is to tempt me or not ;)

• Haha 2