American made grease gun

More info. Electric or manual pump? Pistol pump or lever?

It has been some years but I have Alimite( spelling ?) brand I like better than a Lincoln and what every JD was pushing 20+ years ago. Has a air bleeder button on top and a adjustment to get more leverage for plugged fittings.

• Like 2
Just now, redneckhippie said:

Even then you dont know. I was looking for a USA made manure fork. Found one that claimed to be USA made. Found out home depot carried them so I went and bought one and found out they're only assembled in the USA. 

2 minutes ago, redneckhippie said:

And even then the quality is lacking at times.

Back in June I bought a American made grease gun online. Got it, couldn't get it to pump grease no matter what. Disgusted i sent the thing back and bought a grease gun at Blaine's that i know wasn't made in the U.S. . That one primed right up and has worked flawlessly. Go figure.

• Sad 1
45 minutes ago, ray54 said:

It has been some years but I have Alimite( spelling ?) brand I like better than a Lincoln and what every JD was pushing 20+ years ago. Has a air bleeder button on top and a adjustment to get more leverage for plugged fittings.

Inthink Alimite is American.   Really like mine vs Lincoln which has gotten so cheapy

3 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Inthink Alimite is American.   Really like mine vs Lincoln which has gotten so cheapy

I didn’t know dairy farmers used grease guns.....🤣

• Haha 5

........Grease  guns can drive you bloody crazy......especially  when you are a machine operator.......

...Australia   makes excellent hand held grease guns......as in one hand pumping......t'other hand    holding the  gun via  flexible hose..onto the various nipples......of which in a big excavator...there are plenty.......BTW...down under we call them ,''grease nipples''.....never heard the word  ''Zerk ""(???)    before........

McNaught     is the brand name of the  Aussie made guns.....Yeah...sure they  are not American....but they are not Chinese , either...;)

Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At work we have the Lincoln 1134 hand grease gun.  These seem to work okay. Not sure if USA made but are decent quality and last well.   There is an alemite hand gun with a high and low pressure setting that seems like a quality unit as well.  We also have the Milwaukee 18volt which do the bulk of the work.  The pump counter greatly reduces the tendency to over grease.

1 hour ago, mike newman said:

........Grease  guns can drive you bloody crazy......especially  when you are a machine operator.......

...Australia   makes excellent hand held grease guns......as in one hand pumping......t'other hand    holding the  gun via  flexible hose..onto the various nipples......of which in a big excavator...there are plenty.......BTW...down under we call them ,''grease nipples''.....never heard the word  ''Zerk ""(???)    before........

McNaught     is the brand name of the  Aussie made guns.....Yeah...sure they  are not American....but they are not Chinese , either...;)

Mike

Mike

Excellent in my experience.  A  bit you didn't add.  With them, to prime you pull the rod right out and part turn till you feel it lock into the plunger.  Then you can lean on it to prime.  Then unlock and retract. 

And they make and sell spare parts too

1 hour ago, mike newman said:

.down under we call them ,''grease nipples''.....never heard the word  ''Zerk ""(???)    before........

Believe it or not, A guy by the name of Oscar Zerk came up with a grease nipple design. It was a straight - push and hold it on type with no bulb like an Alimite design.

My old Norton Commando has a straight fitting on the brake pedal. I don't know why or even if it's original but I suspect it is. Time for a Google search.

1 minute ago, Ian Beale said:

With them, to prime you pull the rod right out and part turn till you feel it lock into the plunger.  Then you can lean on it to prime.  Then unlock and retract.

My one-hand guns are like that. I think they're Alimite but I'm not sure. Trying to use them in the real cold when the gun is cold too I've just left them locked and helped them in to avoid loosing prime.

American made pistol grip style grease gun.

go to antique shops and garage sales that where the old stuff says made in the USA.🙄

I bought my pistol grease gun 35 years ago, that's all I ever used, it's the best for chasing grease serks.

buying today Napa, Car-quest, China brand stuff the Gov. chased all the big and little company's off to China and that built up their powers.

use the red colored grease

Garage I worked for as a teen had the old-time overhead pull-down grease gun with a barrel of grease in the back room. If you heard it starting to cycle fast it was time to change the barrel, a miserable job as you had to clean out all the grease that it didn't pump and add it to the new barrel.

Anyway, mid summer with a needle adapter that thing would shoot grease clear across the street!

19 minutes ago, New Englander said:

My old Norton Commando has a straight fitting on the brake pedal. I don't know why or even if it's original but I suspect it is.

Funny quoting myself but I was curious and looked in the IPC. The fitting in question also locks the pedal on the shaft, which I'd forgotten.

Commando grease and locating screw.jpg

grease guns will pump 500 lb's psi  😲 :D

I have a needle tip for the serks zerks you cant get too ? 😡 😎

Keep your grease where it's 70 + degrees so when it's time to go, the grease will flow.

1 minute ago, New Englander said:

My old Norton Commando has a straight fitting on the brake pedal. I don't know why or even if it's original but I suspect it is. Time for a Google search.

Check Tecalemit fittings

7 hours ago, ray54 said:

18 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Those cold fall,winter, spring mornings I would stick the gun in the exhaust pipe for a few minutes to warm the grease up before using it. 

3 hours ago, mike newman said:

Mike

Oscar ZERK was the engineer at the Alemite Corporation that designed the lubrication fitting and the coupler that threaded onto the grease gun.  Pet peeve of mine is calling a zerk a "Zert". That would be like calling a Ford a Forp or a Forb, or a Dodge a Bodge.

You punch up a Wikipedia search on Zert you get "ZeroDay Emergency Responce Team" which sounds like Dooms Day warriors,  or mythical Zombie hunters.  Nothing to do with grease guns.

• Like 1