I have never checked if there are for any of the other brands like we have here for INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER. I have a neighbor who farms with mostly green and also has a few small AC's. He tells me he checks the AC forum when he needs something. Other than that I don't know. What I really wonder is why folks who obviously prefer another color come here to an IH site and try to convince us that their color is better. Maybe another color is better, maybe not. It is really opinion by each individual. For the most part though we here are IH lovers so why try to convince us of something different? I just always wondered that, so is our site the only one? Or is ours simply the best, just like our tractors? :D

• Like 3

I look at a Several Facebook IH related groups,   also Silage Kings,  Rural History,  New Idea  Uni-systems,  Several Mopar Nostalgia Drag Racing groups. 

I see many "RedPower" Friends posting on those IH groups.

That doesn't answer your question directly,     I have noticed Facebook has made it easer to start a tractor collector group.

I enjoy this site,   Common sense people in this group,  We have pictures that  I can show my wife and grand children from friends on this site.

Friends,  Thanks for being Here,   Jim Droscha

• Like 4

I came here originally because I have a TD6 and a w6. I have since started collecting Oliver's. I am on many Facebook groups for many different things. I'm also on yesterday's tractor as there is alot of knowledgeable good people there too and it covers all tractors. Smokstak is another good forum but I dont frequent it. I like the format here the best and most of you are pretty easy to get along with as long as one doesnt mention other brands of tractors. Lol😉

• Like 1

Ya know what's funny, this being a tractor forum and I have never sat in a tractor, I don't know any of the numbers that you guys all talk about, as for farming/ranching I know less about that as I do tractors, i joined here because of a point of interest on the 5.9 cummins on the #4 hi pressure injector rail, wanted some more info and started writing and here I am, motorhead, biker, mechanical, and I love it here.

• Like 8
29 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Ya know what's funny, this being a tractor forum and I have never sat in a tractor, I don't know any of the numbers that you guys all talk about, as for farming/ranching I know less about that as I do tractors, i joined here because of a point of interest on the 5.9 cummins on the #4 hi pressure injector rail, wanted some more info and started writing and here I am, motorhead, biker, mechanical, and I love it here.

Well your from surrey.   Odd ducks up there

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Well your from surrey.   Odd ducks up there

Ya and the govt is doing its dangest to keep me here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I used to post/check out info on Yesterday's Tractors. Still do occasionally. It's a great source of info for all brands, they have forums for each major brand. Our farm has had a few odd ducks here and there, dad still has a Case DO and a Ford NAA, (not for long on either of those) I have a JD H, and him and I each have a Silver King. Other than that though, we are biggest fans of IH tractors and Oliver tractors, with a few Ford thousand series tractors mixed in. I like this forum because it's easier to post pictures than YT,  they changed some stuff a couple years back or so, and after that it always made it a pain to try to post any pictures at all. So here I am because love our IH tractors, and find this to be a really user friendly forum. Everyone seems to be pretty courteous and helpful as well, and there is some very knowledgeable people here. There are a lot of people on YT that are very very well versed in certain series or certain brands of a tractors as well as here, and also a few terds along the way, just like here.

• Like 2

I got booted off the Hoyt Clagwell forum for causing too many threads to get poofed so came here😉 

😳🤔😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I've been a member of this forum for almost two years. I might look at yt and a couple other forums but not as much as I used to.

One thing I like about this forum is that people are not looked down on for being "just an employee, what can you possibly know" like on some of the other forums. I grew up farming and found a way make a decent living working for a dairy for a number of years. I even looked into purchasing a dairy farm a couple times but either the numbers didn't work or usually they get snapped up by the bigger farms before anybody knows they are retiring. Does that mean I know less about farming than the guy that has his name on the sign? I've read threads on other forums where people were attacked for such a thing. I haven't seen anything like it on this forum.

• Like 4

I used to visit a forum, "Forty-Twenty.com" about once a month or two for years. Sometimes there would be one new post, sometimes none. Now that forum is GONE. Now days a forum " green tractor talk" has topics for all size and all brands of tractors, but the most traffic is on the sub-compact tractor topics.  Bunch of yuppies that moved to an acreage in the country and built a Million Dollar house.  They trade tractors sometimes more than twice a year.

I used to visit and post to YT quite a bit 20 years ago. Forget what happened,  those old guys can be mean, but I didn't go there for probably ten years, but I'd lurk, and those guys make stuff up, get stuff wrong state things as fact that I know for a fact are wrong, so started posting, and I'm not real popular there with some people. They need to learn not to post, then I won't have to correct them. Most don't get Red Power Magazine, no wonder they don't know stuff!

I did visit American Truck Historical Society forums till they shut it off several months ago. I visit the "60-66 GMC V-6 website once a week,  guy with a 702 cid V-12 in a short box half ton pickup lives about 3 to 5 miles from me, what I Really want to see and ride in is his steel cab single axle tilt cab with 702 V-12. Bright red, little white trim. 55+ yrs old and looks brand new!  I wasn't very old when I rode Shotgun in a 401 cid powered truck similar to the V-12.

I have joined more FB groups, still not a fan. Oh, and I get a daily used collector motorcycle for sale page, one to 4 or 5 bikes listed on Craigslist, Ebay, or other sale listings. Not too many bargains, but lots of "What the heck were they thinking" sales, like a guy in Madison, Wi selling a 1972 Honda CL350 with 16,100 miles with a blue and white swirl type paint job for almost $12,000.

I did find a former employee of Elwood Mfg on facebook several weeks ago, still lives around Elwood. He started there about the time I got laid off from Farmall the last time.

• Like 1

I frequent this one and unofficial Allis, there are a few others on both sites. If really bored during the winter I'll look at YT.  Like Doctor Evil said, not the best place.

Antique Machinery Caterpillar Owners Club since its early days about 94. But no computer stuff till 08 I think it was. From AMCOC I stumbled into Orange and Red tractors and other farm related forums. This is the most active and I always want to talk farming and so do most all of you. So very good place especially since of March 2020.  

• Like 1

I’ve been coming here for I don’t know how long. I had a different screen name one time, I had forgotten my password and the password to my email , I still lurked for a couple of years, then I just made another account probably 10 years ago now.

I don’t post or comment often but, look pretty regularly. I like it here. 
 My old red tractor experience is limited when compared to others here so, most times I don’t have anything constructive to add. I can say though, I rode a lot of hours on 1066/86 1466/86, 5088, 784 and a little experience with 7120s and loved every minute of it.

I’ve never understood why someone that doesn’t like IH tractors would even be here. 

I liked the red ones because they would make comparable sized green ones look like they were sitting still.

picture from early spring 88

1486, 2294(does that count?), 1066

366E9000-7109-46B6-B2DD-9BA71794D131.jpeg

• Like 7

I joined to learn about IH.

end up bouncing life questions off everyone.

its a nice reprieve to have a common interest but also vent issues to people who aren’t directly involved.

this forum has helped me in way more ways than one

• Like 5

i am a member at tractorbynet - mainly went there when researching CUTs and found good info. Also used to go to Yesterdays Tractors also but dont visit it much anymore. 

this place is eons above any forums I have been a part of - we are very fortunate here 

• Like 2

Been on here for many many years and this is by far the best place on the net. I also frequent Agtalk and occasionally browse YT but not registered there. A lot of former members here are now on the FB groups and I find myself posting more frequently there. Many good groups on there for whatever your tastes are.

This is the most accurate place for IH (and other) technical advise I have seen. Facebook seems to have a much higher percentage of wrong advise. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Signed in here to get some infor about my 806. Got some really good advise and have been following ever since then. Have met a few of you guys and felt honored. Went to YT a few times but wasn't the same. Really like the setup on here and the people on here.

I haven't been on YT for years. Used to be a really good place for information. Guess I don't know if that's still true or not. Most of the stuff they are talking about is stuff WAY before my time. 

I come and go on AgTalk. There's some good info on there...and some bad info on there. Its kind of like the website TractorData, there's some good stuff on there, but there's also some very bad stuff on there. I refer to it as "Tractor Incorrect Data." I've got a salesman that lives by the info on there...but I've shown him a lot of information on there is incorrect.

Belong to several FB groups dealing with red equipment. Boy.....there is just a LOT of misinformation on many of them. But, by the time I read it, the post is a few hours old and I'm not in the mood to offer compelling information to prove them wrong. AgTalk can be that way sometimes as well.

I guess that's why I primarily stay here. Easy to upload pictures & snips when necessary as well on here. Hat's off, BJ!! And the Meisners' as well.

• Thanks 1