Catch and Release

From the game camera at the back of my pasture

As if catch and release wasn’t bad enough, they are doing it with the Coyotes now.

So maybe since they don’t require bail now maybe we can get them to put tracking collars on the thugs so we know where they are looting

1344539906_yotaonthegamecam.thumb.jpg.273c9ec3a3d75cda6240d6c6b02ea540.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Coyotes are animals of opportunity and can adapt, survive and thrive in any environment. Why do they need studied?

Gov never has trouble spending tax dollars. (Assuming this is a Gov project)

As Johnny Paycheck sings in "Me and the IRS"

"He**, you could take what they spend studying the sex habits of the south american swamp rat and keep us all in beer for the next hundred years! Blood Suckers!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Other than I am socked that they are tacking Coyotes here .

My thought is since it’s a waste of time to study Coyotes let’s use these trackers on our populous that can’t seem to follow the law.

Now if their tracked Coyote gets some of my chickens am I entitled to reparations?   

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

When it gets in to chickens I am going to have to dispatch it what should I do with the tracking collar?

We are already missing a barn cat.

id be calling and finding out more about that tracking - it would be interesting to know why/what they are up to - they finally are admitting to bears here and possibly a season in a couple, never have admitted to mountain lions but we all know why they were reintroduced - wont be too many years and the wolves will make their way here im sure - dont go to teh woods unarmed it might be your last trip

When I read the title I thought it was something more like what we used to do when we were younger. 

I guess now it’s called speed dating

• Haha 2

I got it figured out.

I’ll plug it throw it on the back of the truck take it out to the main road and run it over.

I will just have to remember to keep the speed down.

Don’t want them looking at the data and finding out it was doing 50MPH the last mile of its existence

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

When it gets in to chickens I am going to have to dispatch it what should I do with the tracking collar?

If it was after mother's chickens, I would shoot it and hang the tail and collar on the fence.

I feed enough grass to game and parks critters with the deer and antelope and now elk. 

I'll be damned if I feed my critters to their critters. 

When they come to retrieve their collar, I will play nice if they do. 

Can't believe they are even traccking coyotes. If they need something to do in the great out of doors, I've got some canyon ground that needs fenced (always needs fenced). They can count rattle snakes and buzzards if they need to make up a report on something. 

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

When they come to retrieve their collar, I will play nice if they do. 

I thought  about this approach then I decided I don't want them noising around on my property 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

I got it figured out.

I’ll plug it throw it on the back of the truck take it out to the main road and run it over.

I will just have to remember to keep the speed down.

Don’t want them looking at the data and finding out it was doing 50MPH the last mile of its existence

I don't know how accurate the tracking is. Maybe take the long winding path by way of that neighbor who is a pain to deal with before going straight to the road to run him over. The coyote, not the neighbor. 

4 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Shoot

Shovel

Shutup

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Go to the nearest truck stop and attach the collar to a long haul truck.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, redneckhippie said:

Go to the nearest truck stop and attach the collar to a long haul truck.

wehn they see it going 70 they will know somethings wrong........better off throwing it in the river slow moving and they are water resistant 

5 hours ago, mikem said:

I heard about someone putting a deer tracking collar on a neighbors sheep....

(just a rumor)

Mike

That’s a Baaaaaaad (in the most sheepish tone) joke!!!!

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, mikem said:

I heard about someone putting a deer tracking collar on a neighbors sheep....

(just a rumor)

Mike

My wife is a teacher, I have to do everything over & over till I get it right,  Anyhow she was sure I was slacking so she got one of those "step counters" to monitor my activity. Off to school she goes and the device went on her hyper little dog. Wife could not believe I go that much

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
11 hours ago, acem said:

My brother has practiced catch and release with women for 50 years now. He's never been married but dated a zillion. Thx-Ace 

It still cost about the same as being married . 

13 hours ago, acem said:

My brother has practiced catch and release with women for 50 years now. He's never been married but dated a zillion. Thx-Ace 

Just backwards of the way it worked for me. 

Most couldn't throw me back in the water fast enough. 

Finally crossed paths with one that took me on as a project. (think it was a bet with her girlfriends) Got too much invested in me to give up now. (although she claims there are some days she just may cut her losses😒🤠😜)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ol Runner and i have been catching and releasing since i can remember. Runner is pretty good about releasing them and they walk away. My last catch 3 years ago just won't seem to walk away. You were talking about women weren't you