Last pull of year

Here are some pictures of our last pull of the years in Mazeppa MN . The Old Bull runs great now , it’s taken a few years to get the bugs out it and just need to lighten it up some more and lengthen the wheel base , just will have to see what time I get before next summer . The new 1086 Red Power Special is the last east addition to the Dirt Boyz Proving Grounds Pulling Team , it run very nice , need a few things yet , 3 point still leaks 😳 put new orings in and the left side still drips and the new TA won’t shift under load 🤔

‘The two 1206’s and my buddy’s , I built the Pro Farm from the ground up and the Farm Stock we have pulled for 20 plus years and finally got to paint it this summer 👍😎

Danny

BCDAC1CD-8C95-4594-8CB0-C8DB142C5F7E.jpeg

2B76CB01-DD31-4648-BA97-88ED715342B5.jpeg

18FA9FAA-2DA3-44CF-BC1B-3BE94F3DA0F5.jpeg

6F3A1273-D5E7-4B3E-ACE2-3433DE72FBBE.jpeg

45886204-2057-41BF-AC63-E8374F2B3861.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thanks you guys , we really enjoy pulling and helping guys with there pulling tractors , glad to have this year over , it’s been a lot of running to find pulls because of the China virus !!

Danny 

Matt , you could see I was trying to push that throttle threw the dash 👍😎😂😂😂 she never run out of power in high second but hi 3rd she did run out 😕 but it is running farm stock 😉

Danny 

• Like 1

im curious - why do some keep pulling at the end of the track and spin out and some you hear the turbo fluttering then it falls flat even tho running good rpms, what makes them do that ? Turbo too big and not enough exhaust to keep it turning ? 

9 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

im curious - why do some keep pulling at the end of the track and spin out and some you hear the turbo fluttering then it falls flat even tho running good rpms, what makes them do that ? Turbo too big and not enough exhaust to keep it turning ? 

That chirp is because the turbo can't keep cramming air in, it literally escapes back out through the air filter. When this happens Boost pressure drops, excellent combustion is now over fueled and power drops fast.  This all happens within seconds.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, brahamfireman said:

That chirp is because the turbo can't keep cramming air in, it literally escapes back out through the air filter. When this happens Boost pressure drops, excellent combustion is now over fueled and power drops fast.  This all happens within seconds.

why cant the turbo keep cramming in air? is there some valve it has to overcome or its just slowing down too much ? i would hate to have that happen right at the end of my run when i needed those extra feet/inches

15 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Matt , you could see I was trying to push that throttle threw the dash 👍😎😂😂😂 she never run out of power in high second but hi 3rd she did run out 😕 but it is running farm stock 😉

Danny 

I know exactly how you felt there, maybe there is a tic more! Pretty sure my finger indentations are still in the throttle handle of my used to be puller.:D

8 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

why cant the turbo keep cramming in air? is there some valve it has to overcome or its just slowing down too much ? i would hate to have that happen right at the end of my run when i needed those extra feet/inches

Pure physics.  The end of a run your at max boost,  tons of exhaust heat, the turbo is spinning 100,000 rpm and those little tiny fins just can't grab anymore air and force it into the intake, so a bit of it escapes past the housing and the fins, causing the chirp.

1 minute ago, brahamfireman said:

Pure physics.  The end of a run your at max boost,  tons of exhaust heat, the turbo is spinning 100,000 rpm and those little tiny fins just can't grab anymore air and force it into the intake, so a bit of it escapes past the housing and the fins, causing the chirp.

so the chirp, lack of air, causes lack of boost and engine quits that fast? there has got to be some better science to keep air going in so it doesnt happen because all dont do it just some - and some way worse than others - maybe a supercharger to keep boost pressure up ahead of the turbo? I realize you probably couldnt do that with rules in play but just thinking around the cause and solution - it would annoy the heck out of me to die because of a lack of air instead of running out of power 

Turbos have a "working range"  very dependant on heat and air flow through the exhaust.  Most pullers are running the turbos at the very top,  or even outside the operating range. There is tons of science into turbos, the problem is curable,  its 100% how much money do you want to spend. 

Google S300 turbo map, you'll see what I mean. 

Danny ,

Great looking pulls

Most of those shots are frameable for the wall !

Danny ,

think you can pack up the Mazeppa Group and do a pull at CAFES in April . lol lol.  Just dreaming .  ( If I were to WIN the LOTTERY , Id send a limo for guys and tractors, but I don't play the lottery so I am out of luck there)

Thanks for sharing the great pic's,

Tony

• Like 1

All wrapped up here too.  The tractors look great.  If you aren’t trying to break the throttle you ain’t trying hard enough.  Photo guy caught me after the last hook of 2020 as I was rolling back to the trailer.  Can’t wait for 2021!

4A69FA73-3685-4F2A-BFB7-E8419F6DAD35.jpeg

• Like 2
12 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

there has got to be some better science to keep air going in so it doesnt happen

I believe this is where the inter cooler and water injection come into play.  Helps condense the air more, but not allowed on farm stock.  Well it is until your caught.

Tony , that would be a blast to at least bring the new 1086 out there👍, but hey the Bull would put on a good show too👍😎😎 April is not that far away 😳

Danny 

sounds like fun trying to get the optimal power w/out dying before you to the end of the run, I see a lot of the running along with many feet left to go with their momentum only to have the chirp thing happen and then fire out and sled wins

3 hours ago, billonthefarm said:

All wrapped up here too.  The tractors look great.  If you aren’t trying to break the throttle you ain’t trying hard enough.  Photo guy caught me after the last hook of 2020 as I was rolling back to the trailer.  Can’t wait for 2021!

4A69FA73-3685-4F2A-BFB7-E8419F6DAD35.jpeg

Did you run the Firestones all season? I really still like your puller! Just love that you don't have those little pizza cutter fronts.:D

• Like 1

Looks like a good time! 

If you can run a slotted cover on turbo helps with chirping turbo it allows some cavitation to happen so it doesn't stall the compressor. .  Also timing of engine helps.   I have the opposite issue and have trouble lighting the turbo but once light i can keep the turbo turning.  Danny there is a pull this Saturday at Hamburg MN.  I think it starts at 10.

19 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Did you run the Firestones all season? I really still like your puller! Just love that you don't have those little pizza cutter fronts.:D

Yep.  Switched to the Stones last winter.  Big tireS in the back, big tires in the front.  That’s how I roll!