2577 fuse block replacement

Vinny407

We have a 2577 combine that has given us some intermittent electrical problems.  It was bought at a consignment sale.  After chasing random problems with the field tracker, the unloading circuit, the radio, engine shutdown, etc, we realized that when checking a fuse for a problem, something else would stop working.  It seems that a lot of the clips that hold the fuses are too relaxed to hold tight.  My fat knuckles were hitting the nearby fuses and they would lose contact.  I found a couple wire jumpers that the prior owner had made to bypass fuses that blew.  I think that is what cooked the fuse blocks.

Are there any good options here?  I was going to get some marine fuse blocks and redo it all, but I am afraid I will make a mess that nobody else will be able to decipher. I could try to get used ones from the salvage yard with long enough pigtails to butt connect.  The existing clips didn’t seem removable drone the fuse blocks.

Any suggestions or experiences?

All the wires can come out of the fuse block.  You need a release tool.  

I wouldn't use a salvage block and butt connect the wires.  Solder them all if that is what you are going to do.

If the fuse block itself isn't melted, I would pull the wires that are loose and bend the connector so it holds tight again, or replace each end that is bad. 

Yes, this job sucks.  Yes it is time consuming.  Yes, I have done this to fuse blocks before.  Unfortunately when this happens, you are left with few choices and none are an easy and fast repair. 

7 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

Remove & replace the ends that are bad.     If you can get a p/n or picture of the terminals, may be able to help you find them.  Likely either Mouser or Waytek will have them.

I will try to poke a couple out, however it looks like the plastic is melted slightly too.

The dealer here is trying to get individual part numbers for the terminals and blocks from CNH support , but I haven’t heard back yet

59 minutes ago, Vinny407 said:

The dealer here is trying to get individual part numbers for the terminals and blocks from CNH support , but I haven’t heard back yet

Here's CNH part#s for fuse blocks and relay blocks. Either one is under $15 from CNH.

2577 fuse block.PNG

2577 relay block.PNG