3 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Forest Service owned so we are only allowed 300 gallons. 

Pump will do 100gpm at 100psi

It makes water management very important. 

Most fire lines run nozzle at 10 gpm. 5 will put out small fire and be the most conservative. 

I can open up to 24 or 40 gpm if I need to reach out farther or SHTF. I was on 40 some yesterday to reach fire I couldn't drive to. That is why I ran out of water before the other trucks got there. 

More water is good unless you are in the rough twisty steep stuff I was hurrying through, then 300 gallons is plenty. An out of water truck is better than a broke down truck on any fire. 

I was a lot harder on C4 yesterday than I normally am but there just wasn't time to pussyfoot around. 

I dont know how many gpm nozzle I have I should've done some checking when I pumped it out. I hooked it up to 3 rain birds. The one at the end of the line wasnt doing much. My pump had enough gas to empty the tanks in one shot and probably took over and hour.

Maybe hooks it back until the fire dept shows. Got my well hooked to a generator too so I have a chance now.

• Like 1

You can run your nozzle in a 5 gallon bucket for 15 seconds, measure how many gallons then times it by four to get your gpm. 

I have a 15 gallon container I use to verify nozzle settings on the adjustable gallonage ones. Our nozzles run around $600.

Most wildland nozzles that twist on, fan, stream, off are about 10gpm.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

You can run your nozzle in a 5 gallon bucket for 15 seconds, measure how many gallons then times it by four to get your gpm. 

I have a 15 gallon container I use to verify nozzle settings on the adjustable gallonage ones. Our nozzles run around $600.

Most wildland nozzles that twist on, fan, stream, off are about 10gpm.

Yep. I wish I would've checked it but now the tanks are empty and off my truck. Maybe next time. 

• Like 1