I just got a 1566 changed all the filters and did full service. I've drove down the road a couple times seems to run good I put it on the dyno today and it was only putting out 120hp. So I turned the fuel screws a couple turns and got it to 140hp but it wont go any farther than 140hp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check air filters? How's the rubber line between filters and pump? Turbo working good? Should have if I remember right, around 15lbs of manifold pressure. If all those seems well, start looking into pump or injectors. Is it hazey out the exhaust? Blow by? Could just be tired too..

I've had this a few times on model 100 pumps, engine seems to run perfect, but just will not put out the hp, even when turning the fuel screw all the way in. What ends up being wrong is the tappet bushing fails, thus having the plunger not lifting as far up as it's supposed to. Pretty obvious once opened up, but makes for an expensive rebuild. 

• Like 1

Govenor advance went bad I'm betting had a 1086 that would fall on its face under load 

Does it have the muffler on it? Make sure the muffler isn’t bad or clogged internally. Or put a straight exhaust stack pipe on it. 

Also make sure that big rubber(?) air tube between the air filter canister and the turbo isn’t weak and collapsing or plugged. Keep us posted with updates.

I ran it on the dyno again today not changing anything and it put out 165hp first run ran around the front of it and the exhaust mainifold and turbo were cherry red and it was shootimg flames out the exhaust. i turned the screw back in to where it was when i got it which was two turns in and it ended up falling on its face at 110 while still throwing flames out the exhaust.

8 hours ago, Farmer202 said:

I ran it on the dyno again today not changing anything and it put out 165hp first run ran around the front of it and the exhaust mainifold and turbo were cherry red and it was shootimg flames out the exhaust. i turned the screw back in to where it was when i got it which was two turns in and it ended up falling on its face at 110 while still throwing flames out the exhaust.

Does the injection pump timing look right ?

I’m thinking that the intravance in the injection pump is not advancing the timing like it should. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ran the tractor this weekend was gonna put it on the grain buggy made an hour of work and then she made a loud bang then started knocking. Trucked it back to the shop finally pulled it in tonight and pulled the base off expecting pieces. There was nothing in there do pulled the valve cover next and found number three intake rockets shaft broke on half.

Shut the fuel off under the tank , unhook the line at the filter base , turn the fuel on and make sure you have a full stream of fuel . I had a guy bring a 1466 to me with no power and the tank was restricted with stuff inside the tank , blew backwards into the tank with the fuel cap off and that took care of the problem until he had time to remove the tank and clean it out .

Danny 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Farmer202 said:

I ran the tractor this weekend was gonna put it on the grain buggy made an hour of work and then she made a loud bang then started knocking. Trucked it back to the shop finally pulled it in tonight and pulled the base off expecting pieces. There was nothing in there do pulled the valve cover next and found number three intake rockets shaft broke on half.

oh dear that doesnt sound good - man i hope that is all that happened good luck and keep us posted, sorry for your bad luck ugh

Check cam lift when you have the rocker shaft off .

Going to need to get head done. High exhaust gas temps probably either a. Warped your valves or b. Heated them up enough to make them stick to valve guide and broke your pushrod. You have a fuel injection pump problem me thinks, or a sticking injector. Get them both done since you are pulling the head, and pray you didn't wreck a piston too.... Best thing I ever did was put gauges on my 1066, boost and egt (exhaust gas temp). It's over kill, but I put them on every truck I own too just for safety of mind for me. 

Errrr I meant broke your rocker arm shaft... 😊 You could take a soft hammer and whack the valves and see if they all move, although it will not tell you if they go full travel without binding. 

This new fuel is almost to the point of being garbage. The steel parts in pumps will rust with this fuel and things then stick and die.

With the high costs of pumps, you need a "GREAT" fuel additive that will protect these high cost pumps and fuel systems.

The best found is the Stanadyne Fuel Additive, Performance Formula.

It is cheap protection since the costs of pump repairs, if you can find parts, is rising every day.

Howes, and the others, may stop gelling in the cold but they do little for the corrosion.

Farmall202 had mechanical issues but there is a lot of fuel talk here.

People don't seem to know how serious this is until the bill hits them in the face.

I just had a Roosa Master four roller apart and I seen it for myself. I was ready to scrap the very rusty steel parts.

It was a mess. Stop this from happening in your pump!