• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As tempting as it may be, and trust me I LOATHE some of her decisions, just remember to never, ever stoop to the level of rejoicing in someones death.  Dont be like the other side and open yourself up

May you rest in peace and thank you for your final gift to the Donald and McConnell!

^^^^^^^one less liberal one on the Supreme Court to decide the contested election results......

Posted Images

Been many pass I disliked for their beliefs and things they've done.

The better person forgives instead of taking pleasure in their deaths.

She was no dummy to achieve SCOTUS people.

More than anyone here has done.

Fyi, didnt agree with her reign either.

RIP Justice Ginsburg.

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, MTO said:

Been many pass I disliked for their beliefs and things they've done.

The better person forgives instead of taking pleasure in their deaths.

She was no dummy to achieve SCOTUS people.

More than anyone here has done.

Fyi, didnt agree with her reign either.

RIP Justice Ginsburg.

I no doubt didn't agree with her leanings. And as much as I want another  conservative on the court I can't have joy in someone passing. 

RIP

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Hard to get a new one approved in a lame duck situation.

It is not a lame duck session until after the election.  McConnel has already announced if Trump makes an appointment their will be a vote on the Senate floor for the nominee.

• Like 3

As tempting as it may be, and trust me I LOATHE some of her decisions, just remember to never, ever stoop to the level of rejoicing in someones death.  Dont be like the other side and open yourself up to hate, were better than that.  Respect someones life, accomplishments, and their family.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I admire a true believer even if I don't agree with them. Some of the things she worked hardest on are things we take for granted today. Her bio reads like a later half twentieth century history of true advancement for woman's equality.  Nut and bolts stuff like a woman has an equal right to be the executor of an estate. She argued the case in front of an all male Supreme Court. Won 7-0. Don't know where the other two were.

• Like 1

MTO , that’s what being a American is about. The ability to respect someone else’s beliefs even thou there different than your one.  It’s to bad there isn’t more of that these days.

• Like 3

When history looks back the one thing the Trump presidency maybe be remembered for is all of the conservative judges he has appointed to the federal justice system not to mention the Supreme Court.  In the big picture these court appointments are huge and have lasting impact on our nation.  If you are a conservative minded person you will be happy that Trump has paved a road that will be bumpy for many left wing agendas for decades to come.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just saw a piece on local news about a large, close crowd of her mourners with unsocial distancing of inches.  Not one mention of danger to the crowd.

That story immediately followed one about a large bike gathering at Lake of the Ozarks which will most likely cause a huge spike in "cases", which we now know to mean nothing.

Got out of the room as soon as I could - can't handle the way the newscasters play the bullshot with a straight face.

• Like 5

While I didn’t agree with her on a lot of issues, surprisingly some places she was right. The way she should be remembered is that the most conservative justice Scalia and her were close confidants. Even though polar opposites. And from what people say pancreas cancer and abdominal cancer is a nasty painful way to pass away. Rest In Peace.

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, dale560 said:

And from what people say pancreas cancer and abdominal cancer is a nasty painful way to pass away. Rest In Peace.

It certainly is.  That's what got my dad.

I sure wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Like 1

As a country we need more supreme court judges that only inforce the Constitution as it is written.   The strength of our country has been 3 Co equil  branches of government each maintained as a check and balance on the other two.   Ruth was a fearless defender of the constitution and a model of a true patriot.  IMHO       RIP Ruth   May others that follow in her footsteps live her example. 

I was at a virtual Fair event representing three clubs of Antique equipment with our equipment when I got confirmation of Her passing .

I prayed to God to forgive the  joy I was feeling at the moment .  Then I got hold of myself and recited, Larry The Cable Guy's prayer , " lord I am Sorry ,Forgive me and  please bless and be with the Pigmies in New Guiney. !

Sorry ,but I am being truthful. Not going to B.S. you Guys . She was an Ideolog and held that seat," WAY Past Her Use By Date"  just to appease her Ideology. Determined to out live the election , However, God Saw it a little differently.  RIP RBG !

Tony

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Just saw a piece on local news about a large, close crowd of her mourners with unsocial distancing of inches.  Not one mention of danger to the crowd.

That story immediately followed one about a large bike gathering at Lake of the Ozarks which will most likely cause a huge spike in "cases", which we now know to mean nothing.

Got out of the room as soon as I could - can't handle the way the newscasters play the bullshot with a straight face.

I've been reading about the "catastrophe" that was sturgis, every newsie was crying the end of of the world, then the next story is a protest/riot with 1000s all screaming together about an excon, but nothing on covid, now the newsie elites are screaming about this upcoming rally, it's time the independant newsies get some say.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, exSW said:

I admire a true believer even if I don't agree with them. Some of the things she worked hardest on are things we take for granted today. Her bio reads like a later half twentieth century history of true advancement for woman's equality.  Nut and bolts stuff like a woman has an equal right to be the executor of an estate. She argued the case in front of an all male Supreme Court. Won 7-0. Don't know where the other two were.

Let us not forget her staunch support of Roe vs. Wade.  History will judge the lady as a partisan judicial activist.  It is reported by the news she dictated to her granddaughter a "most fervent" wish not to be replaced until a new President is installed.

Even on her death bed, the staunch liberal remained an activist.  Call me a curmudgeon, an arsehole, or just a plain big DICK, but if you believe in the sanctity of life, the rights of the unborn fetus, the right of the male (father) to have a voice prior to the killing of his unborn child, the right of the parent(s) to be notified prior to their minor daughter receiving an abortion, than the United States of America may well be on the path to a far brighter future for the unborn children.

I do wish RBG peace in her afterlife however I do believe in God, and based on the Fifth (5th) Commandment, Thou Shalt Not Kill,  and RBG's positions on the destruction of life, RBG may very well find her new surroundings uncomfortably warm.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, dale560 said:

While I didn’t agree with her on a lot of issues, surprisingly some places she was right. The way she should be remembered is that the most conservative justice Scalia and her were close confidants. Even though polar opposites. And from what people say pancreas cancer and abdominal cancer is a nasty painful way to pass away. Rest In Peace.

She did write for, and did concur, with the majority on several cases which limited the power of law enforcement to UNCONSTITUTIONALLY (read ILLEGALLY) conduct searches and seizures.  (Not that they pay any attention when ordered as to what they CANNOT do)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/us/politics/civil-asset-forfeiture-supreme-court.html

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/22/605007387/supreme-court-rules-police-need-warrant-to-get-location-information-from-cell-to

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/litigation/committees/criminal/practice/2015/supreme-court-finds-prolonged-traffic-stop-unconstitutional/

9 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

It is not a lame duck session until after the election.  McConnel has already announced if Trump makes an appointment their will be a vote on the Senate floor for the nominee.

Democrats will scream loud and long and will do their best to delay any nomination. The Republicans have done the same.

I would love to see a judge that believes in the Constitution as written or amended rather than as  "Living document" BS.

• Like 7
10 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

8 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

The court is 4 - 4 now so Trump needs  a confirmed nominee to tilt the court in his direction for the up coming election challenge.

Full steam ahead Mitch!!

RIP RBG

It’s one thing to get a nomination through the senate. The house, will be another thing...

RIP Nancy. I mean Ruth.

22 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

It’s one thing to get a nomination through the senate. The house, will be another thing...

RIP Nancy. I mean Ruth.

The House has the power of the purse and the Senate has the power of appointments.

Nancy's House has no say in this matter at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appointment_and_confirmation_to_the_Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States

There are hoops to jump through by the Senate.

Too bad Mitch could not call for a vote and have it over with.

You know the Dem's will do everything in their power to stop this appointment.

The Dem's are becoming enemies of our country?

• Like 4