Hydraulic connection problem

I just got a 1086 and am having trouble with my Bush hog 2715 legend. I can’t seem to get the hoses from the batwing to connect to the tractor. I’ve got adapters as shown in the pic but I’m wondering if the adapter isn’t all the way into the tractor because it feels like it’s just kept in there by suction (this is how it feels when I pull the adapter out). My hoses plug into the adapters just fine. The wings won’t raise and the mower height won’t raise and I’m wondering if it’s because the adapters aren’t fit snugly enough into the tractor. Any ideas??

C9624D50-43B0-43EA-BB34-51554700F991.jpeg

59697707-BFB9-458F-AADD-B6504BE7875A.jpeg

DD7D0666-241D-4D63-9A36-473C8401B34C.jpeg

0C286EDD-585F-44B6-9FA6-A4D21312D276.jpeg

From the back side on the coupler on tractor, push it to rear of tractor then insert your adapter, wiggle it in, then let coupler on tractor slide back in. 

They make levers to bolt to coupler housing on tractor to help push coupler to the rear.

Once you have adapter in and hose plugged in then you flip that lever so it is pointed back. It opens the ball  on coupler

You can leave adapter on your hose also,  prolly easier to get it wiggled into coupler while your holding coupler pushed rearward and inserting it.

You will feel it slip into coupler, then let it all slide back forward, then flip the levers straight, pointed rearward

20200918_150030.jpg

20200918_150010.jpg

15 minutes ago, ole 815 said:

Once you have adapter in and house plugged in then you flip that lever so it is pointed back. It opens the ball  on coupler

This is the problem I see in the pic.

When nothing is plugged in, they should be flipped the other way. 

Just curious, is that the only tractor you have? 

That fixed it ole thanks a bunch. Well it fixed the wings raising and lowering. I still can’t get the Bush hog height to raise but I know it’s not that outlets issue. 
jmec yes for now it is. I may sell it though because I bought it just for Bush hogging but am finding it gives me too much pucker factor on these hills. I’m not sure yet, need to see if I get more comfortable with it. The tractor is awesome only 3555 hrs but I may look for something with a little less height to it for more stability in my hills. 

Most raise cylinders are power up and gravity down, one hose

The one in your picture is shown with two hoses

which is fine but you will have to plumb it to the tractor with that in mind

Those adapted are usually trouble to begin with if you own the tractor and want to keep using it my advise is to convert the valve over to industry standard ISO  tips 

just a thought you do have the two hoses for the lift going to the same coupler block ? I know of guys who had case tractors where you used the top two  one on each side  had a heck of a time remembering to do the IHs correctly and that created some unusual problems 

Lol I’m so dang thankful for y’all but I feel dumb. No I didn’t have the other hose plugged into the same side. I’ll try that and need to replace that tip anyway. 
To widen tires I need to find a jack that can raise the tractor all I have is a 3 1/2 ton floor jack. I’m sure once I do I’ll have questions about moving the wheels out. Looks like mine has one main bolt, loosen wedge and move them out but I’ll get into it soon. 

1 hour ago, pt756 said:

do most guys switch to the new style? we still have them on our 1066, the old style, however on the 1466 we have converted seems nicer, are they about 150 dollars apiece?

Around here I always ask customer how many implements they still have with IH tips. A lot of times we convert one side only to ISO then as they phase out older equipment we will do other side whenever tractor is in for a repair.

I quote them installed for $200.00 per coupler set. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

Around here I always ask customer how many implements they still have with IH tips. A lot of times we convert one side only to ISO then as they phase out older equipment we will do other side whenever tractor is in for a repair.

I quote them installed for $200.00 per coupler set. 

Nice to have both! Sounds like a good idea. 

• Like 1

Every time this comes up I hear how much of a pain the adapters are. Never had a lick of trouble with them here that I or Dad can recall. They wear out and leak, after 25 years or so, and need replacing, but they work just fine. He's got 4 of them in his 1066 and I have 4 of them in my 1586. Granted I've only had the 15 for a couple of years and the adapters are brand new, but I'm having no issues.

9 hours ago, Murr said:

Lol I’m so dang thankful for y’all but I feel dumb. No I didn’t have the other hose plugged into the same side. I’ll try that and need to replace that tip anyway. 
To widen tires I need to find a jack that can raise the tractor all I have is a 3 1/2 ton floor jack. I’m sure once I do I’ll have questions about moving the wheels out. Looks like mine has one main bolt, loosen wedge and move them out but I’ll get into it soon. 

All you need is a 12 ton bottle jack, and they're under $40 most places. Seems like there is a shortage of them at Harbor Freight right now though.

Moving the wheels is a whole other kettle of fish, though. You have the "wedge lock" style hubs, and you need a special tool to get both wedges loose. What will happen without the tool is, one wedge will pop loose and the other won't move for love nor money. You can beat on it, spray gallons of penetrant on it, even heat it with a torch, but without the tool it is not coming loose. With the tool, as soon as the loose wedge hits the tool, the other wedge will pop right out and have you scratching your head, "How could it be that easy?" 

I've described the technique for "walking" the wheels in and out that I learned from Dad a few times on this forum. No bull work involved, just need to work smarter not harder, and use the jack. It's real easy: Turn the wheel with the keyway up, remove the wedge, lower the jack slightly, tip the wheel toward or away from the tractor, and jack it back up. After you get the sequence down you can get brave and lower the tractor more to get more wheel movement. The wheel can't tip and fall off the axle unless you go past the end, and the tractor can't fall too far before it is caught by the wheel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always used our wheel dolly safer and easier to move big heavy wheels as for the wedge tool the later 86 tractors came with them  I still have a pair for them around