Yankee ingenuity I guess

A friend made his own loader for big round bails so he  dosent have to look over his shoulder. 

lol   Looks like a lot of work to me though. 

DD705A96-E59C-492D-B294-0CFBCFDA882C.thumb.jpeg.388a783c7e1a5a7aa7968d0138e1ab17.jpeg

7CE7E6B3-6991-4960-B128-550F0EDE33F2.thumb.jpeg.ade7997b372ea6fab65ca6fa785bedd3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

in the western states farmers were pretty good engineers on machines like that. We had a 48 ford 2 ton with a farmhand F10 loader on it with a 16 ft hay basket and used it every day for about 10 days 3 times a year and stacked loose alfalfa hay. We cut up lots of 50 and 60 model pickups and even some old cars and 2 T trucks. They were expected to do more work after being worn out than when they were new. Some guys would buy new chassis without bodies and make them new. 

Some tractor loades but very few running backwards but they did work really well.

• Like 2

Looks like an old hay sweep

I've got a Allis I 600 hay sweep sitting in the trees if it's still there waiting for a ford 292 transplant when I get it overhauled😆

• Like 2

I saw an M that was turned around and had a 2350 IH loader on it once.  They mounted an aux hydraulic pump off the crank of the engine out front of the tractor.  This was at an auction.  I stopped in and test drove it.  The thing was a beast.  They hydraulics were better than my 695 and the tractor was balanced really well for handling the weight.  

• Like 1

My Dad was really tempted to mount the Stan-Hoist loader backwards on the M. When scooping manure on concrete there was no problem,  but our back barn had NO floor. Think we dug a little out of it about 1963/'64. Floor was a "U" shape around the hay mow, doors in all 4 corners plus one in middle of east side towards all the other buildings.  And I started hauling out of the west side of that barn in summer of '72. Got that side about 3/4ths done, had whole east side and short south side left.  We had VERY little concrete feed floor,  but the. New owners poured over 100 yards of concrete.  It's all got Machinery parked on it,  no fences around the buildings anymore.

• Like 1

Ragnor from here did a fourlift out of a W4, did a nice job of it, will see if I can find a link to it

Too bad thought the pics were bigger

Tony has a reversed 300 or 350 with a loader running on the funny gas.  Neat rig for sure, was a farmers project

• Like 1

Lorenzo-----

My grandaddy would take offence to your title:  "Yankee Ingenuity"  (presuming that your friend is a neighbor way out there in Nebraska??)

Grampa moved from Nebraska to Mississippi in the early 1900's.

When accused of being from up Nawth or a Yankee-------he was always quick to reply that Nebraska was out-WEST!!!!

I was always so relieved to hear that----it really concerned me that I might have yankee blood in my system when I was a kid.  My mother always made me feel better after explaining that her heritage came from so deep in south Mississippi that they got today's sunshine late tomorrow afternoon.🤐

Be proud to be from out-West boy!!!😉

Uhhhhh--------my friend Rube Goldberg wasn't above building or modifying things using my farm shop either!!!!🤣

Ol' Rube sure got around------never knew where he might show up next.  He always said it don't make no difference if it's purty or not-------as long as it works.

DD

• Like 3

This photo is from the internet, but I spent a lot of years on one of these. Dad refused to get a baler because labor was cheap back then. I left for the Army and guess what showed up on the ranch? 🤣

JGZfnsy.jpg

• Like 2

Turned tractors were very common around here for feeding cattle.  Newest one I saw was a 4010 reversed.  I wish I would have taken pics but I think it got sold.

• Like 2