We have a 1997 mx135 with a L300 loader and pretty much anytime you use the hydraulics be it to use the loader, steering or powershift the hydraulics howl very bad.  I was told to check for loose fittings to allow air suction but none could be found.  Just looking for the next step this thing is loud and annoying.

The only place there can be air suction is prior to the charge pump, and that is internal.  There is not much plumbing between the oil sump screen and the charge pump.  All those tractors tend to have noisy hydraulics.  I would get the pressures checked out, including the charge pressure.

ok I will do that.  This tractor is probably twice as loud as all the rest of our mx tractors.  it was suppose to have a new pump before we bought it

Check your charge psi, test port right in top of hyd filter base. 20-40 psi @ 900 and 50-70 @ 2200 make sure oil is 120* +. Charge pump is completely below fluid level as well an internal plumbing for charge pump. One thing is make sure your suction screen is clean, if it isn't I would drop the debris trap off the bottom and see what ya have in it. I also like to take a center punch and make a hole in bottom of hyd filter, them hold a magnet in oil to see what type of fine debris I get out of filter. This also makes changing the filter nice as oil doesn't run down over the outside. While filter is off make sure by-pass valve hasn't came apart (see this to often) or make sure its held open by a piece of debris. If it's damaged or open pump will be drinking unfiltered oil. 

PS......pretty rare to have actual charge pump failure in my part of the world. 

actually as much as I'm not a fan of the loader (we used to have a 510 and 2 520 loaders and another L300) this one is pretty good have yet to break a loader pin and have only had to weld two bushings for the self leveling arms.  The tractor has 9000 hrs and moves close to 2000 round bales a year.  Personally I still much prefer our L605 or L700 loaders much better

• Like 1

I suspect they wouldn't be so bad for gentle repetitive work like loading bales on semis or scooping feed, but start shaking round bales apart or ramming frozen manure or using it for an excavator....

Filters????