old dealership pictures revisited

My Dad had this dealership in Bainbridge GA from 1973 to 1979. Hard to believe now, since John Deere's are everywhere, but back then when you drove through our county

you were more likely to see a 1066 or 1086 in the fields.

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

• Like 12

what the deal with the last pic? was it a demonstration/competition or something of that nature?

So lucky to have that family heritage !

Probably more Green here now, but still a lot of red around here (NW Wi) Amazing how many 66 and 86 series are being used daily on the dairy farms. There are quite a few Case-IH and combines too.

DWF

• Like 1

Great memorabilia pics , Our farm might of still been running Red equipment if it were not for all the IH dealers in my area leaving us high and dry in the 80's When it came down to driving 70 miles for parts that was the last straw We were in a strong Deere area also So to keep our farm with the times we slowly went green Although I still have a nice group of Just IH none of the crossbreed case stuff will ever be here either 

Im the son of a IH dealer also and wonder what ever happen to either one of them tractors, do you happen to know the answer to that question.  We opened our doors in 1975 and Dad had a heart attack and died in February of 1980 so two of my brothers kept it open till the farm crisis finally shut them down in March of 1984 but by then I was gone in the U.S. Army so when I got out in 1985 we had no dealership for me to go back to work in.  We sold buku of the 86 series and even quit a few forty to seventy horse "Louisville manufactured" tractors.  As far as 86 series we usally sold at least one or more 886, 986 or 1086 every month and 786 was a decent seller when they came out and I still live in the same area and town of our dealership and I see tractors we sold new all the time and sometimes Ill see one working in a field in another county and sometimes itll have our sales sticker on it and that's pretty cool.  I lost my pictures from our dealership to my ex-wife she destroyed them or something just being a beach but around 2002 I posted them on here on a topic and if somebody happen to save them I sure would appreciate if you could send them to me cause I posted up about ten or fifteen of them and sure would like to have them I wonder if the owners here could retrieve them for me.

The man who ran the local ih dealership around here is a member of our tractor club. It's fun to get him going because he has a mind like a steel trap. He not only remembers where he sold a tractor new but where it went when it changed owners. Some of his tractors have made their rounds in the county.

I have another interesting topic. Back in the late 90's someone from our county was visiting the Smithsonian and they had a new agricultural exhibit. In the exhibit they had a 1466 tractor in its work clothes and to their surprise the tractor had a Faircloth International dealer sticker on it. When we were told about it we thought that was really cool. Don't know if the exhibit is still open but if anyone ever encounters that. I would love to hear about it. That's why I put a picture of our dealer sticker.

• Like 2
On Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 6:50 PM, Faircloth International said:

My Dad had this dealership in Bainbridge GA from 1973 to 1979. Hard to believe now, since John Deere's are everywhere, but back then when you drove through our county

you were more likely to see a 1066 or 1086 in the fields.

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

What happened to the dealership in 1979? Did it close or get sold? I'm just curious