The 3688 was moved around today to do some work on the plow before weather gets colder.  Noticed the left side of dash isn't working now?  No digital RPM display or any push buttons working.  Is there a seperate fuse for that side?  The 4 gauges on the right work just fine as they should.  Upper cab works correctly as well. 🤔 

10 minutes ago, Mountain Heritage said:

The 3688 was moved around today to do some work on the plow before weather gets colder.  Noticed the left side of dash isn't working now?  No digital RPM display or any push buttons working.  Is there a seperate fuse for that side?  The 4 gauges on the right work just fine as they should.  Upper cab works correctly as well. 🤔 

Make sure the ground wire is still connected under the cab I was thinking there's an inline fuse holder for that located near all the other fuses not 100% sure maybe others will chime in on your problem too

• Thanks 1

If you find power/ground is good and the box is bad, there’s a place in Iowa called Ag Express that fixes them.

My 886 has some problems with the EIC also. For years it wouldn't do anything if you pushed the buttons. Stuck on RPM and read 0. Once in a while it would show RPM then drop back to zero. I pulled it out the other day and removed the cable from the back blew it out and put it back in. Nothing changed. Then the next 10 times I started it all worked okay. I can now select the different functions and they all seem to work except pyro, which reads 2900 or so at cold idle. Must be a bad thermister in the exhaust manifold.

Not sure if I "fixed" it by pulling it out or if it will start acting up again. Time will tell.

Thank you for suggestions guys.  Fuses all good, there is an in line flat spade fuse in it that is good.  Where is this ground located under the cab?

If key switch was messed up wouldnt it cause problems elsewhere or not start?  Right side of dash works fine.

15 minutes ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Thank you for suggestions guys.  Fuses all good, there is an in line flat spade fuse in it that is good.  Where is this ground located under the cab?

If key switch was messed up wouldnt it cause problems elsewhere or not start?  Right side of dash works fine.

I had two the rpms would read low rpms when you were running high or half the numbers would show or would show or just go out i switched out the box with a good one i had on both and it still acted up checked the ground on the cabs they where fine nothing else was effected by it one was corrosion on the key switch where it plugs in and the other i just took the switch out and replaced it haven't had a problem out of either since.

16 hours ago, messer9696 said:

My 886 has some problems with the EIC also. For years it wouldn't do anything if you pushed the buttons. Stuck on RPM and read 0. Once in a while it would show RPM then drop back to zero. I pulled it out the other day and removed the cable from the back blew it out and put it back in. Nothing changed. Then the next 10 times I started it all worked okay. I can now select the different functions and they all seem to work except pyro, which reads 2900 or so at cold idle. Must be a bad thermister in the exhaust manifold.

Not sure if I "fixed" it by pulling it out or if it will start acting up again. Time will tell.

I've never seen a pyro last long if not not mistaken someone on here said they quit putting them on the late model 88's because of the problems

Well, solved my problem for good hopefully the other day.  Removed CBC floor and found ground you guys were talking about.   Cleaned it with some sand paper, even though it wasn't bad at all.  Then noticed another single wire running to left battery.  Only to find out that when I grab hold of the positive battery cable and gave it a good tug left and right to see if it was loose - broke it right off.  The end of cable has been corroded for a while I guess, hardly anything left of it that wasn't all rusted up and crumbled apart.  Attached to it was that single wire, or at one time was attached properly!!  So picked up a new positive cable clamp from NAPA and clamped it on with the freshly beared single wire.  Turned key on and it all worked, nice bright lights too on the dash.  So it could have been like that since I bought it ?  First time I had that battery out from behind the covers.  Lots of built up ground in there.

So, woo hoo!  Thanks for help guys.  Thought I was gonna have to look for a reman dash for it.

• Like 1