756 gas muffler

53 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

I'm sure you can still get one through CIH. 

Aren't they pretty much a Stanley? Unless you find a NOS one.

Steiner Tractor sells Bermuda Ken's stainless steel mufflers. My tablet is having a temper tantrum and won't log onto their website. Not sure if they offer newer style mufflers. I know Ken was going to work on them too.

4 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Aren't they pretty much a Stanley? Unless you find a NOS one.

The 403551R1 for most 2.5" exhaust pipes did go from a Nelson, to what appears to be a Stanley muffler 😕

Now, I think a 756 gas needs a 398511R1 for 3" pipe, I thought those still looked like a good Nelson muffler.  Been a little while since I opened one, so I could be wrong.

When I was parts manager I ordered most of my mufflers on the IH/Nelson direct ship program. The 403551R1's came in a display box of 9. I had ordered 100's of them thru the years. Looking back I wish I had ordered 100's of them for myself. The 360720R92 used on A,B,C ect came in a box of 4. That was a great program. Nelson offered mufflers for all makes. Sold a lot of John Deere, Oliver, Case and Allis mufflers as well. Nelson had a top quality product back then. A shame that's all done with from what I have been told.

Bought a 560D a couple years back that had been sitting in a shed for 8-10 years. The guy says "by the way I have a new muffler for it" he comes out with a genuine 403551R1. Yeah I took it along.

Thanks for the ideas guys, will check out the Steiner ones for sure. I have three of them on my AC's and like them. I wondered if Nelson made the originals, much better quality than Stanley.