706/806 Wheatland Question

8 hours ago, ejb17 said:

Can a 706 or 806 Wheatland / Standard have a 3 point or Fast Hitch? I was told no wheatlands would have the rockshaft. Maybe have a PTO, but no rear hitch other than drawbar.

Confusion reigns always about what we would call a standard ih tractor up here or a wheatland. The true wheatland tractors was a option and option delete package of a standard serial number tractor. No I don’t think a wheatland stickered tractor would even have rock shaft but a standard could have 3 pt. The wheatland was stripped down but fender and dust shields. In the wd9 era that used to be the rice field special and usually a rice 9 was hand clutch.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:56 PM, ejb17 said:

Can a 706 or 806 Wheatland / Standard have a 3 point or Fast Hitch? I was told no wheatlands would have the rockshaft. Maybe have a PTO, but no rear hitch other than drawbar.

wheatlands are International tractors. and have never seen that stuff on one. the Farmall models have those options. two totally different tractors.

1 hour ago, rustred said:

wheatlands are International tractors. and have never seen that stuff on one. the Farmall models have those options. two totally different tractors.

gf1114-196802_1@2x.thumb.jpg.e72e5fff417e8c01c38f2b73df923a78.jpg

• Like 4

Neighbor just bought a 1256 WHEATLAND model and it has pto , standard heavy duty dwawbar, and duals on long axles.----- no provisions for rockshaft on it!--- BIG tractor in its day! ---He bought it from a guy 50 miles North of us who bought it new.

5 hours ago, rustred said:

two totally different tractors.

Actually if you strip off the wheels, fenders, platform, and front axle, they are virtually identical tractors. What they came with depends entirely on what they were ordered with. I'm pretty sure a standard tread farm tractor with factory 3pt was an odd duck, but it is certainly "a thing."

Just watched a Farmall 806 with just a swinging drawbar and PTO sell today. $23,000. Low hours, factory Coleman axle, and diamond cab. No 3pt here in the Northeast is an odd duck.

• Like 3
Just now, 1480x3 said:

This one looks like a standard, not a Wheatland.  Beautiful tractor !

It was listed on the Mecum auction site I pulled it from as a Wheatland. I probably should have said "picture found online".

On 9/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, dale560 said:

Confusion reigns always about what we would call a standard ih tractor up here or a wheatland. The true wheatland tractors was a option and option delete package of a standard serial number tractor. No I don’t think a wheatland stickered tractor would even have rock shaft but a standard could have 3 pt. The wheatland was stripped down but fender and dust shields. In the wd9 era that used to be the rice field special and usually a rice 9 was hand clutch.

Most W9/D9s up to the 650s around here had hand clutches.  I even know where there is a 660 with a hand clutch.  I think you are right on the rest far as the 06/56 series go.  An International could have a 3-point but the "Wheatland" package wouldn't.  Thats different from what JD did. 

12 hours ago, rustred said:

What Dale is saying is "wheatland" was a dealer ordered option only available on the International tractors. 

The Farmall tractors were the row crops, Internationals were the standards. You could order the Internationals with any options the Farmalls had. 3 point, TA, dual PTO, even an adjustable front axle. I've personally seen a 1206 standard with adjust front axle. 

The "wheatland" option was TA delete,  no 3 point,  no PTO. Just a roller drawbar and big wide tires and fenders.

I personally owned 1206 side panels that had the "wheatland" sticker on them. I've since sold them to Knights Tractor.

So to answer the OP's question, if the rock shaft isnt in the tractor, than no, you cant have a 3 point or quick hitch. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

So to answer the OP's question, if the rock shaft isnt in the tractor, than no, you cant have a 3 point or quick hitch. 

Unless you install it.  If you wanted to buy the parts from salvage, or had your own parts tractor, it can all me added. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Just watched a Farmall 806 with just a swinging drawbar and PTO sell today. $23,000. Low hours, factory Coleman axle, and diamond cab. No 3pt here in the Northeast is an odd duck.

must be the one at Edmeston. what did the 706 bring? big crowd? 

There was an "I" stamped 1206 with the Internationl side panels around here that had PTO and correct 3 pt along with the adjustable wheatland/set back front axle.  It was an interesting duck. 18.4x38s and had flat top fenders and the right side did not have the grab hole.  I believe I had read a post from Brian Long about being able to order it with all those options but I cant remember.   It ended up getting narrow coverage round fenders. 

1 hour ago, Super A_sepa said:

There was an "I" stamped 1206 with the Internationl side panels around here that had PTO and correct 3 pt along with the adjustable wheatland/set back front axle.  It was an interesting duck. 18.4x38s and had flat top fenders and the right side did not have the grab hole.  I believe I had read a post from Brian Long about being able to order it with all those options but I cant remember.   It ended up getting narrow coverage round fenders. 

Yes I believe there has been pictures of tractors like that in Washington and Idaho. Standards with factory flat tops and 3 pt.

06-56 I-model tractors could be a Standard or a Wheatland model. the Standard could be equip a variety of ways, basically any configuration of add-ons. A true Wheatland 06-56 are actually kind of hard to find. They were PTO delete, T/A delete, Hitch delete, would not have the adjustable front axle option and would not have big tires. would be 18.4-34's or 18.4-38's. wheatlands had few options, could have single or dual had. outlets, could be equip with duals, could have the rear platform extension and or equip. with a cab.

23 hours ago, ny bill o said:

must be the one at Edmeston. what did the 706 bring? big crowd? 

$12,800. The bidding got crazy on the 706. One guy had it at somewhere around $8000 or $9000, Ed Leaman was about to strike it off, then this other guy standing in front of me jumped in and chaos ensued. They went back and forth for what seemed like 10 minutes.

They were really nice tractors. This guy liked to clean and polish on his tractors. Everything had good tires.

All the results are over on proxibid. None of the tractors went cheap.

Wheatland model must have been a U.S. only option. Never seen one in Canada. Also never seen a TA delete or a PTO delete, and I ran lots of them!

1 hour ago, R Pope said:

Wheatland model must have been a U.S. only option. Never seen one in Canada. Also never seen a TA delete or a PTO delete, and I ran lots of them!

But a lot of standard jds 20 series were sold in western Canada

• 1 month later...

Just think of how much it would have helped IH if they would have made the 660 with a fast or 3 point hitch. they could have kind of competed with the 4010 a little bit better.

2 hours ago, hillman said:

I recently bid on this 806 online unsuccessfully. I low balled it due to propane but it was an odd one

ih806w.jpg

ih806wfr.jpg

ihf806.jpgThat is not a original tractor. It could have been a standard that had ta section replaced but it was probably made out of two 806s. Standard serial numbers never made it over 10,000 I think maybe 7800 or so was the last.

ok, so how come some international 806  tractor's   have wheatland on them above the 806 and some not. i can see any diff. in the tractor. mine does not say wheatland on it.