How come when it rains it pours

So far everything I've hired someone to do something I'm having big problems with.  All I wanted to do is combine beans but for the second day in a row here I sit cause I hired someone to work on something and they didn't check their work and guess what, they didn't do it right.  I used to do all of my service work myself but with time constraints I figured you know what I can do other things while I hire someone to do the easier things.  Harvest hasn't even started for me and I'm already tired of it.  Rant over, anyone having a better day?

Nope!! I’m trying to load what I think is soybeans for a guy, and I’m at an hour and 45 minutes, and I just got to the back hopper in the trailer!! 
Are these beans?? You tell me!!68AA4FA5-7653-4992-A9E2-E24F4CAF2B49.thumb.jpeg.575b60176194b3773d7702b0840ff7f3.jpeg

I think for many of us, this will be another year we just want behind us!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, Farmall1066 said:

Nope!! I’m trying to load what I think is soybeans for a guy, and I’m at an hour and 45 minutes, and I just got to the back hopper in the trailer!! 
Are these beans?? You tell me!!68AA4FA5-7653-4992-A9E2-E24F4CAF2B49.thumb.jpeg.575b60176194b3773d7702b0840ff7f3.jpeg

I think for many of us, this will be another year we just want behind us!

Where you plan to go with those?  Your day might take even longer when you get rejected every where you go.

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

Where you plan to go with those?  Your day might take even longer when you get rejected every where you go.

Believe it or not, the elevator is taking them! Going on a barge, heading for tofu land!! Hope your not a soy eater?!?! 🤭🤢🤮

• Haha 3

I hauled a load of wheat from Albin Wyoming to Watertown South Dakota just to get rejected. Taking it back to the farmer. 1160 miles round trip. 

• Sad 3
9 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

I hauled a load of wheat from Albin Wyoming to Watertown South Dakota just to get rejected. Taking it back to the farmer. 1160 miles round trip. 

I wouldn't unload until you get paid.

9 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

Been there done that! Kenebec SD to Hastings MN, just to get rejected.  Luckily we had an empty cone bin at home, the farmer let us dump the wheat in that, and have it fumigated for the bugs.  So only had to bring it 100 miles to home, not 420 miles back to SD.

13 minutes ago, Jesse in WI said:

I wouldn't unload until you get paid.

Thankfully I am only a driver for this round. Not sure who’s paying the bill. My brother is both the truck broker and owner, and he tells me this is a good thing. Paying $64/ton each way. 

8 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

Thankfully I am only a driver for this round. Not sure who’s paying the bill. My brother is both the truck broker and owner, and he tells me this is a good thing. Paying $64/ton each way. 

Good money for that trip!!

On 9/16/2020 at 3:05 PM, Pete1468 said:

So far everything I've hired someone to do something I'm having big problems with.  All I wanted to do is combine beans but for the second day in a row here I sit cause I hired someone to work on something and they didn't check their work and guess what, they didn't do it right.  I used to do all of my service work myself but with time constraints I figured you know what I can do other things while I hire someone to do the easier things.  Harvest hasn't even started for me and I'm already tired of it.  Rant over, anyone having a better day?

Well, I could come out to that dismal state where all you Iowakians roost and be your efficiency expert.

Of course there will be substantial fees incurred ( that means it`s gonna cost you plenty)

Now I don`t claim to be an equipment xpert but evidently the one you hired  isn`t either. 

Lemme know when you`re sending the limo with the eye candy and stocked bar. 

33 minutes ago, MTO said:

Well, I could come out to that dismal state where all you Iowakians roost and be your efficiency expert.

Of course there will be substantial fees incurred ( that means it`s gonna cost you plenty)

Now I don`t claim to be an equipment xpert but evidently the one you hired  isn`t either. 

Lemme know when you`re sending the limo with the eye candy and stocked bar. 

I'll send her right after I spend a relaxing weekend with her.  

• Haha 1

know what you mean. Put a new auger liner in 9ur J&M cart. Got it in after some struggle and was getting it lined up per instructions, 1/2" below the end of the tube on top. Bottom end was suppose to be up 1/2". Checked the bottom end and it was too long, 14" too long.  Checked the instructionn& nothing about having to cut the liner to length. Called dealer & after some research they admitted they sent the wrong liner.  They brought down the correct liner but we had to pull the old liner & install the correct one, lost better part of  a day & a half. Luckily harvest is about a week off for us.

6 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

Surely there’s a place that’ll take it. Even with taking a dock on it will be less out of pocket than paying for it to come back. We have a couple ports and several big elevators I haul to regular and it’s just a given if you get turned down at one take it to another. Only take it back if it’s real bad and that’s nowhere near 580 miles

7 minutes ago, Tmtbob said:

Surely there’s a place that’ll take it. Even with taking a dock on it will be less out of pocket than paying for it to come back. We have a couple ports and several big elevators I haul to regular and it’s just a given if you get turned down at one take it to another. Only take it back if it’s real bad and that’s nowhere near 580 miles

I somewhat believe that there might have been a temper involved with the decision. Could have gone to Omaha. That’s only 300 miles. 
Sounds like it might go to a COOP in Kimball NE. Again I am (the truck) is getting paid both directions, plus I have a different farmer sending a load right back to Watertown. Should make it home by Saturday afternoon. I hope!!

14 hours ago, MTO said:

I thought you were gonna pay US for the pleasure of putting up with, feeding , boading ect......😁

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

I'll send her right after I spend a relaxing weekend with her.  

Weekend? Ha!

More like a few minutes.

46 minutes ago, MTO said:

Weekend? Ha!

More like a few minutes.

As long as this guys happy is all I care about.

On 9/17/2020 at 11:48 AM, Pete1468 said:

As long as this guys happy is all I care about.

Just another example of selfishness....

43 minutes ago, MTO said:

Just another example of selfishness....

No different then not sharing my fan with you. 🤣