Jump to content

Cortizone is my friend


Recommended Posts

Over the years I have had my knee shot 6 times, a shoulder twice, a hip twice and today (while I was texting VTF) an elbow.

He said I have "tennis elbow".

Joke`s on him as I have NEVER as much as held a racket. 

Told Doc to keep me running a few more years.

Now the day or 2 after the injections, I want to choke Doc but afterwards, pure bliss. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Wouldn’t fixing the issues be better than masking the symptoms?

Like a new engine in an 89 tempo, ain’t worth the investment. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Wouldn’t fixing the issues be better than masking the symptoms?

The fix for tennis elbow (tendonitus) is to stop using the affected joint for about 6 months. Pretty hard to do when you are a full time mechanic. BTDT. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, jass1660 said:

Wouldn’t fixing the issues be better than masking the symptoms?

I don`t have UPS comp coverage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 1:19 PM, vtfireman85 said:

Like a new engine in an 89 tempo, ain’t worth the investment. 

Oh if I had a silver dollar for every Tempo engine I changed. 

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MTO said:

Over the years I have had my knee shot 6 times, a shoulder twice, a hip twice and today (while I was texting VTF) an elbow.

 

...And the police report said “Shot while texting”??

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MTO said:

Oh if I had a silver dollar for every Tempo engine I changed. 

Dad had a 84 that the flex plate disintegrated, car was so new there wasn’t one to be had, took a couple months. 
 

as to the silver dollar, my garage charges me 80 silver dollars an hour, you should raise your rates . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, vtfireman85 said:

Dad had a 84 that the flex plate disintegrated, car was so new there wasn’t one to be had, took a couple months. 

2.3 IIRC.

POS!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 1:45 PM, jass1660 said:

Think we had a Tempo for drivers ed or maybe a Fairmont crap that was 37 years ago.

Put dozens of head gaskets on the 200s in the Fairmonts but never had one blow an engine like the Tempos and Topazs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 1:49 PM, vtfireman85 said:

Ahhhhh the old fearmont, what a car 

Good winter cars.

Not enuf power to spin.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MTO said:

Good winter cars.

Not enuf power to spin.

My friend went to BOCES, ny’s tech school program, I believe it stands for “Because Our Children Educate Slowly”. 
anyway, he had an 81 they went through front to back, overhauled engine and trans,  all painted up nice, brown, but nice, he used it as his winter car. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The injections consist of multiple components,

One is a pain reliever, one is a lubricant (KY jelly? :o) and 3rd is anti inflammatory. 

Every one has gained me comfort and movement. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My mom bought a tempo new in the early 90's everyone told her not to but she got it the whole time she had it it was at the shop more than home. My dad would shake his head and say man i thought you had a pile when you had that Packard but this tempo is giving it a run for its money

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MTO said:

The injections consist of multiple components,

One is a pain reliever, one is a lubricant (KY jelly? :o) and 3rd is anti inflammatory. 

Every one has gained me comfort and movement. 

I think it’s something more like sta-plex KY is too easy soluble. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you ever tried tumeric for inflamation Mark? Can be bought at wally world or whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 3:36 PM, iowaboy1965 said:

Have you ever tried tumeric for inflamation Mark? Can be bought at wally world or whatever.

Yes, took it for about a year till my cardiologist got wind of it and said DON`T take any more!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MTO said:

Yes, took it for about a year till my cardiologist got wind of it and said DON`T take any more!

Oic. Ok. Well sorry your joints are a bothering you buddy 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gummies? CBD, or for a little fun THC gummies. Judicious imbibing required.

Link to post
Share on other sites

🤷‍♂️🙏

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...