Someone was sending me a reminder

This past Saturday afternoon baled up the last of the dry hay we had ready to bale last week. Baled fifty or square bales of third cutting to finish filling up where I we put the last load of squares. Anyhow we park the gooseneck trailer and square baler next to each other and I cover the baler with bag plastic and hang tires off of it to secure it. But before I covered it there was part of a round bale on the trailer from the day before with no netwrap on it so decided to year it apart and put it through the square baler so I'd have something to feed in the barn. Folded it out and got it closer to the trailer so I could just fork it off the trailer right into the baler. Got it all done and went to fold the baler from field position back to road position. It was parked up a very slight incline so it wouldn't stay in position for me to get the pin back in to hold it. So grabbed a block of wood that was on the trailer that we put behind the round bales to keep them from rolling off. It's a JD 337 baler and I can usually fold it by hand which I wasn't able to do stuck the block behind the wheel on the pickup side and let the park brake off of the 856 which it was hooked to and let it roll back so I didn't have to climb up and start it and move it. Done it hundreds of times. Everything done went took the block out and set it on the trailer wasn't paying any attention and next thing I know the baler and tractor rolled right onto the end of my left boot just on my the tips of four of my toes. So have the weight of baler and tractor being held up by my foot can't move it luckily I wear a logger boot and they have a stiff hard toe so it wasn't as bad as it could've been but still uncomfortable. My dad was behind a cornfield across the road round baling and I knew he'd be around to bale the field between the road and cornfield but I couldn't wait that long not to mention this is kind of embarrassing 😂😂 so I did manage to rock the baler back and fourth just enough and was able to wiggle my foot out. Nothing broken or anything but definitely a wake up call. It could have been much worse. Someone was sending me a message

Just a reminder to not get lazy and complacent

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

🙏yes thanks for the message 

• Like 2

Becoming complacent is something each of us needs to try and avoid if we want healthy lives. That is the stuff accidents are made of. Glad your ok. 

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing. A good message for anyone and a good thing it turned out the way it did. 

• Like 1