Jump to content

Now they are hoarding 9 MM ?😃


Recommended Posts

One comment mentioned checking "Cheaper than Dirt".  Fellow employee watches them and told me today that 9MM has gone from $9 per box to $26.99 per box.

 

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Willing to bet their running flat out same with gun production.

Any CEO that made a decision not too would be shown the door in short order.

From what I can find out yes they are running at peak production without violating whatever state mandate over social distancing in the workplace rules there may be and without hiring a bunch of new people who may have to be laid off shortly. It's a tricky balancing act. I'll bet there is a ton of overtime though!

 

Rick 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 9:29 PM, Lazy WP said:

My wife bought a 9mm revolver. She didn’t like having to use clips for ejection so she sold it and bought a little 38. Got all of her money back out of the 9, and spent less on the 38. 
Ammo has been a little tough to get. I reload the 38, but since she has her beginning handgun classes, we only use factory loads for her. The gals like to shoot my 44 with the 7 inch barrel, as long as we have specials instead of mags!  44 special ammunition is almost impossible to find. 

44 spl has been like that here for ten plus years

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 6:47 PM, Dasnake said:

The tp shortage will apply itself again from fear.

So if all the chicken littles are running around scared sh!tless.................................what are they using the toilet paper for🤔

I'm with cobfly, have enough on hand at all times and you don't have to worry about times like these. 

If you think you need thousands of rounds on hand, maybe you better think more about improving your aim. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldtanker said:

From what I can find out yes they are running at peak production without violating whatever state mandate over social distancing in the workplace rules there may be and without hiring a bunch of new people who may have to be laid off shortly. It's a tricky balancing act. I'll bet there is a ton of overtime though!

 

Rick 

The arms industry is considered critical infrastructure so they never shutdown

 I work in the industrial robotics sector we are also considered critical infrastructure we never missed a day just have to mask up to work in the plant.

If person does test positive for COVID we will miss a day while they sanitize the plant, only happened once.

Most of our customers have been open and most states allow critical infrastructure workers to travel in to support their industries

My crew of ten has done so the whole pandemic they have been flying around the country and not one has come down with it.   

Only New York has a restriction that requires a negative COVD test to enter the state to work.

We service gun and ammunition makers as well and they have expressed urgency every time one of their systems go down.

They know now is the time to push the product out because its flying off the shelves.

Mo Money for them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We usually keep a 1000 rds on hand for each caliber, except for hunting rifles, and shotguns, then it's a couple hundred. The 1000 round calibers are basically self defense, survival weapons, 22lr, 22mag, 9's, .380, 54 Cal muzzleloader. Muzzleloader you say! Well 50 lbs lead, 10 lbs powder and caps will go a long way for making meat.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

The arms industry is considered critical infrastructure so they never shutdown

 I work in the industrial robotics sector we are also considered critical infrastructure we never missed a day just have to mask up to work in the plant.

If person does test positive for COVID we will miss a day while they sanitize the plant, only happened once.

Most of our customers have been open and most states allow critical infrastructure workers to travel in to support their industries

My crew of ten has done so the whole pandemic they have been flying around the country and not one has come down with it.   

Only New York has a restriction that requires a negative COVD test to enter the state to work.

We service gun and ammunition makers as well and they have expressed urgency every time one of their systems go down.

They know now is the time to push the product out because its flying off the shelves.

Mo Money for them.

True. But if they build a new line only to have to shut it down a few months later that doesn't lead to profits. And that's what I was basically saying. Yes they are manufacturing like mad trying to stay about 100% if possible. Just are not going to be building many new lines that may wind up shutting down in a couple of months.

 

Rick

Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe I still have some .38 Special left over from the Jimmy Carter era.

Used to shoot .45 ACP on active duty, wasn't unusual to get a case canned in 1945 in the early 70's. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, oldscoutdiesel said:

One comment mentioned checking "Cheaper than Dirt".  Fellow employee watches them and told me today that 9MM has gone from $9 per box to $26.99 per box.

 

i think potatoes will be the next skyrocket item, they thot assult rifles were dangerous, wait till we get the pumpkin chuckers, bowling ball slingers and tater guns loaded up, they aint see nuthin yet!!!

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cobfly said:

We usually keep a 1000 rds on hand for each caliber, except for hunting rifles, and shotguns, then it's a couple hundred. The 1000 round calibers are basically self defense, survival weapons, 22lr, 22mag, 9's, .380, 54 Cal muzzleloader. Muzzleloader you say! Well 50 lbs lead, 10 lbs powder and caps will go a long way for making meat.

I think we are on the same page. My "1000 round calibers" are .17HMR, .22LR, .223, .308, 9mm, .40 and .45

All others are minimum 100 rds. Ammo is stored in their own gun safe, not fire proof however.  Firemen know which room is my gun room😳😉😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, oldtanker said:

True. But if they build a new line only to have to shut it down a few months later that doesn't lead to profits. And that's what I was basically saying. Yes they are manufacturing like mad trying to stay about 100% if possible. Just are not going to be building many new lines that may wind up shutting down in a couple of months.

 

Rick

Year over year the arms industry has grown 3.5% so I doubt there is any down side to adding capacity.

Putting in new lines gives them opportunity to add additional automation so the ROI should be an easy sell to the finance folks   

They are likely able to switch current lines over to different calibers depending on the demand most modern production line are built this way for flexibility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Jeff, I know it’s a joke, but I’m at the age I hear it a lot about peeps kids have a condescending attitude towards their folks, I needed help busting a couple of bolts on a project yesterday so I called junior with his 295 bulk to come over to do it, all I got was, glad to help and if ya need more gimme a call, same with my gurl, both mom and I know we are slowing down but we don’t need to hear it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Jake sorry, did not think that way at all.

Was more of a dig on the ammo hoarders (and sellers).

I guess out here I don't see the condecending attitude. The knowledge and wisdom that comes with a life well spent is appreciated and respected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Wow Jake sorry, did not think that way at all.

Was more of a dig on the ammo hoarders (and sellers).

I guess out here I don't see the condecending attitude. The knowledge and wisdom that comes with a life well spent is appreciated and respected.

HEY NNNOOO, NOT YOURS, I'm referring to the attitude that the picture shows not any attitudes here, general attitudes I pickup with peeps up here, especially this new boomer phrases that are out there, love ya man.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...