Finally - For the Rioters

2 minutes ago, 615 spike said:

Seems strange that adamant supporters of the first and second amendments would be in favor of grossly violating the eight amendment  of any US citizen.  cab   

What would be fair if it was your property or business they destroyed? If I done millions of dollars in damage what would be fair for mine to be set at?

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

What would be fair if it was your property or business they destroyed? If I done millions of dollars in damage what would be fair for mine to be set at?

There is supposed to be a presumption of innocence  until proven guilty in this country.  Bail is supposed  to be set so that  the accused will show up in court.  Excessive bail is a form of punishment on people presumed  to be innocent.  The punishment is not (in this country) supposed to be applied before conviction of a crime.                   that's why the government didn't confiscate all the trucks in the caravan to hold as evidence  for assault charges against the idiots shooting protesters with paint balls.  cab

6 minutes ago, 615 spike said:

There is supposed to be a presumption of innocence  until proven guilty in this country.  Bail is supposed  to be set so that  the accused will show up in court.  Excessive bail is a form of punishment on people presumed  to be innocent.  The punishment is not (in this country) supposed to be applied before conviction of a crime.                   that's why the government didn't confiscate all the trucks in the caravan to hold as evidence  for assault charges against the idiots shooting protesters with paint balls.  cab

It's not punishment, Apparently the accused must be considered a high risk of fleeing the state.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, 615 spike said:

Possibly prosecutor shared evidence to judge of wealth behind/supporting the accused.

Like you said, bail is to insure accused show. 

Small % of bail would be required in cash.

It gives support to the questions asked previously as to where/who is providing for these lengthy protester funds.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, 615 spike said:

So if they were arrested in the process of lighting your business or home on fire what would be fair nail? I mean innocent till proven guilty right. Even if they are seen doing it. What do you consider fair. If it were my place and they were trying to destroy it I would call fair me putting a bullet in them. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

So if they were arrested in the process of lighting your business or home on fire what would be fair nail? I mean innocent till proven guilty right. Even if they are seen doing it. What do you consider fair. If it were my place and they were trying to destroy it I would call fair me putting a bullet in them. 

If you were in a building they were setting on fire, then several bullets seems more than fair.

13 minutes ago, 615 spike said:

If you were in a building they were setting on fire, then several bullets seems more than fair.

So if the cops grab them right about that time instead of me shooting them what would be a fair bail amount?