Foggy headlights fixed

Headlights on the old pickup were getting so bad you couldn't hardly drive at night and be safe. Started with 400 grit paper, then 1200, and finished with a buffer and some Wizard's Final Cut. "Day and night" difference!

20200907_155518.jpg

20200907_151532.jpg

20200907_155555.jpg

• Like 5

Looks great. I used a "kit" to fix my 1486 tach lense. Couldn't tell how many hrs on it when I got it, way better, but not near what your lenses look like. Will take some sandpaper to it to clear it up more. Thanks for the idea

Mark

IMG_20200808_104011812.jpg

I did my wife's car quite awhile ago, used a kit from 3M. It is all wet sanding and polishing. After the first sanding you think you have ruined the lens! After each (4 steps) application it gets better and when I was finished they looked like new. After almost 3 years they still look good.

• Like 2

Nice  

They say this is pretty good stuff after they have been cleaned.

Meguiar's® Keep Clear Headlight Coating

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Did you use an overcounter lens kit at all or just sandpaper at first then the wizards?

Wet sand 400 then 1200 and finished off with Wizards. I like the Wizards for this type stuff because it doesn't contain wax or silicone, just good ole wet polishing compound. Started at 600 RPM in a slow motion and ended up at 2800 RPM.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

After using the lense kitIMG_20200808_110031063_HDR.thumb.jpg.83bd520542fa38e8ac056013335898d4.jpg

Not sure how aggressive I would get with that lens. The small "speckles" you can see in the reflection appears to be spalling caused by heat and UV. If you get to tough on it you may create more of a problem? Maybe start with 1200 or 1500 in a small spot then get some 2500 or 3000 from the local body shop and see what happens before you hit it with the buffer. Let us know how it turns out!

Capture.JPG.09b936f3457037c23c78519848a03ccc.JPG

Looks nice, a very big improvement!

I just did the headlights on the MX305.  I used a product from Mothers that I bought at the local NAPA.  It comes with sanding discs for severe cases but I was able to clean them up pretty good just by buffing with the polish.

• Like 1