dewalt cordless battery question thanks

was looking at dewalt cordless batteries. most tools have the 4 amp battery. I see a 5 amp offered separately. is there much difference between the two? they all say extended run on them its not real plain what size they are unless you look on the bottom of the battery. ?

Bigger is better, out Milwaukee are all 5ah, wouldn’t go smaller

• Like 1

It sort of depends what you're doing. I've got a couple of the small ones I use on 3/8ths impact under the hood where it may be tight or awkward, otherwise bigger is better. I'm still amazed at how much better cordless tools have become. My half inch Dewalt impact has more beans than my half inch Ingersol Rand air tool.

Mine at work are the 20V 4 AH and compared to the older 18V they have more power and last close to 3 times longer between charges. With sporadic use it  might be a month before one needs to be charged.

• Like 1

Those who have many of the 20V batteries need to look at the electric string trimmer.

You can buy them without a battery.

Then use the ones you have.

One battery can do what most have to weed eat.

And they always start.

• Thanks 1

I keep my 6.0 batteries on my grinder and circular saw. I like the 2.0 batteries on my impact driver and drill. I also keep a 2.0 in my son’s 6v four wheeler. It fits in the battery box where a 6.0 won’t. Turns his four wheeler into a hot rod too. The 6.0s last 3x as long but weigh 3x as much. They can make a drill too big and bulky in my opinion. If I had a cordless miter saw I’d go with the 9.0. All depends what you want to do with them.

thanks we are in the more occasional use area, am still looking at a dewalt grease gun, local Mennonite sells 2 5 amp batteries and charger for about 145, then the bare tool grease gun is about 150. most of the kits have the smaller batteries on and napa still has the kit for 250 plus your choice of another battery or a impact driver/