Clutchy

Need tire opinion for Cargostar

I'm in the process of changing over to 22.5 radials with the one piece rims from the original 10.00x20 tires.

I'm trying to decide whether to go with 275/70R22.5 lowpro which are 37.9" tall or 11R/22.5 which are 41.4" same as the originals.

What would look better? It's not going to be working anymore, just for fun.

2020-09-01 15.54.15-1.jpg

Ask 2 different people get two different opinions about looks what good. To me I would worry more about how the tire height affects  road speeds

The tires that are on have no tread. They are the 10.00x20 on split ring rims.

Because I purchased it out of province it requires an inspection to get a registration so won't pass with the baldies. 10.00x20 aren't easy to find and I think it will be worthwhile to upgrade to tubeless.

I haven't driven it yet so not sure about speeds. In the middle of a major brake job.1119440889_2020-09-0516_23_51.thumb.jpg.3c713f02503ed4496a643ab41be50507.jpg

I'd go with tall tires and keep ground clearance and easy roll over rough ground if you need to.  

Leave the short tires for city driving

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cashonlycycles said:

11R 22.5 is the only real choice

also, they are daytons,not split rims

Yes, I think the taller tire would look better as well as ride better. I will probably get some tier 4 all positions 11R22.5 for all 6. Still expensive but will look all shiny and new. Not like it will be doing any real work....

Dayton wheels come in drop center, split ring and the old ones were split rim. These are split ring style.

3 hours ago, Clutchy said:

Yes, I think the taller tire would look better as well as ride better. I will probably get some tier 4 all positions 11R22.5 for all 6. Still expensive but will look all shiny and new. Not like it will be doing any real work....

Dayton wheels come in drop center, split ring and the old ones were split rim. These are split ring style.

I have never see a Dayton style split rim the center is welded in so how could you get the rim rolled together for lack of a better description. All split rims I have ever seen are for cast spoke wheels

Heres a picture of my cargostar. I put 11r22.5s on it. Picture is on my way home from getting it inspected, first road trip driving any distance (150kms total) and before I installed the deck 

AC366292-314F-4959-9DDF-A7C8EC4332F6.jpeg