What if 9/11 had not happened

I sometimes think how would our world be different if the 9/11 attacks had not occurred for whatever reason.

We would have lost less men in the sandbox, Saddam would still be in Iraq, we would have lost less freedom.

But we didn't start the war, we were forced into it.

Thx-Ace 

9 minutes ago, acem said:

I sometimes think how would our world be different if the 9/11 attacks had not occurred for whatever reason.

We would have lost less men in the sandbox, Saddam would still be in Iraq, we would have lost less freedom.

Thx-Ace 

What if Clinton had eliminated Bin Laden when he had the opportunity? We can’t look at the what if’s after the fact, it’s a fruitless exercise and will only create anger and frustration. For example BLM or restitutions for slavery. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

We can’t look at the what if’s after the fact

Sometimes l am one of the world's worse "what if" type of person. Like what if l had married that one instead of the other one?  Or what if l had got that job instead of the other?  But that type of thinking can drive you nuts if you let it. l have no idea how different the world would be today if 9-11-2001 hadn't happened. Or what if JFK had't been assassinated or if Japan hadn't attacked Pearl Harbor on 12-7-41 or what if the Nazis had won the war. Don't know if it would be any better or worse but it scares me to think how bad it could be if not for just a few small details.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, acem said:

Thx-Ace 

Lets go further down this rabbit hole since you bring it up.

Go back 40 years ago. Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. We sent money and arms to the Mujahedeen. Osama bin Laden was part of the Mujahedeen fighting the Soviets. If we had let the Soviets have that worthless rock pile, would the Mujahedeen have had the power to morph into Al Qaeda and the Taliban? Looking back now i feel that country wasn't worth fighting for. Not claiming that the Soviets were great but that might have been a hill not worth dying on in a matter of speaking.

For me the loss of JFK was a disaster, then MLK and RFK sort of made the 60s what they turned out to be, if you think about different management at the top would the south Asian connection and a dour middle eastern connection wrought what it turned out to be, I don’t know, I don’t profess to know, I’m just writing what I feel, I may be wrong by a 180 degrees, but we are playing what if and that’s mine.

37 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

Go back 40 years ago. Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. We sent money and arms to the Mujahedeen. Osama bin Laden was part of the Mujahedeen fighting the Soviets. If we had let the Soviets have that worthless rock pile, would the Mujahedeen have had the power to morph into Al Qaeda and the Taliban? Looking back now i feel that country wasn't worth fighting for. Not claiming that the Soviets were great but that might have been a hill not worth dying on in a matter of speaking.

I like where you are going and I wrote a small part of what I feel “might” have left things open to change, but a vastly different timeline for me would be the treaty of Versailles, for me a huge mistake and the repercussions were huge.

Judging on how much remembrance there was yesterday or the lack of it, I sometimes wonder if 9/11 actually happened.  And that is a sarcastic comment for those who can't recognize one.  

• Like 1

I miss walking onto an airplane without feeling violated.

I miss walking across the border to Mexico, showing my driver's license and bottle of mezcal on my way through.

It goes on...

So many freedoms have been lost for a little 'security'.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

That ones simple, we wouldn't be getting their oil of we didn't send money over. Fought off the solviets so we scratch their back, besides, there were still residual effects of the cold war in most minds. Then, we would be buying oil from them feeding their war machines. Everything happens for a reason, don't know why, but it's either God doing it, or people in higher power than the gov is in control of. 

5 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

That ones simple, we wouldn't be getting their oil of we didn't send money over. Fought off the solviets so we scratch their back, besides, there were still residual effects of the cold war in most minds. Then, we would be buying oil from them feeding their war machines. Everything happens for a reason, don't know why, but it's either God doing it, or people in higher power than the gov is in control of. 

Question is was that oil worth it. As recent years have proven we still have a lot of oil of our own. Besides Afghanistan has no real oil deposits. Their number one export is poppies for making opium and Heroin.

I don't know how old you are but that crap show had ramifications into our profession. The Carter grain embargo kicked off the 80s farm crisis that many of us have extremely fond memories of😕. ( Led to a childhood of carefreeness and fun and no worries or responsibilities------- not!!!)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

No, I agree, it was not worth it, but sitting on the outside circle, that was the whole push to enable them to fight. I'm 28.

Im older. 36. I felt the full brunt of the farm crisis growing up that shows in me to this day. Jimmy Carter is a bad word in this house.

As I stated, I don't know the whole story, but it is my rendition on seeing it from the outside. No life is worth losing when it comes to material objects, self defense or home invasion, different topics, although there are other methods of defense. My dad lived in those days and often talks about how it was good till the crash in the later 80's. He was still in high school and had to take over due to his father's ill health. Long gone are the days of good farming practices and common sense in my opinion..

• Like 1
On 9/12/2020 at 10:58 AM, acem said:

Thx-Ace 

Like asking "What if Obamas dad had wore a condom" We would all be a **** of a lot better off

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You can what if forever, but this is the hand we were dealt. Make the best of it.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, mader656 said:

You can what if forever, but this is the hand we were dealt. Make the best of it.

And we're doing a piss poor job with it in my opinion. 

• Like 1

It’s kinda like that saying “a butterfly’s wings flapping in Japan can cause a tornado in Kansas.

I try to tell my son Luke how important being kind and making good decisions is. It’s hard to convey that to a 7 year old

this world is in a rut now and it’s going to take something completely unheard of to get it out of one.

i wonder how things would have bent if we continued past Berlin in 1945 like George Patton suggested. He died in a controversial vehicle accident shortly after making his thoughts more public  I’ve read.