1972 IH Farmall 1066 with only 2,847 one owner hours

It saids it came off a small 140 acres farm and the hours are correct and by the looks of the original IH muffler Id say it is a low houred tractor and it sat in the shed many many years with little or nothing to do, that's 48 years ago and there probably not very many guys at IH still alive who assembled it

imgK1TLFTP2.jpg

img9N0BL01D.jpg

imgVZ3YCAFO.jpg

• Like 2

Beauty. (But I’m kinda into those).

gotta wonder if somebody stuck the shifters....and bent that section of hood up (gasp) thinking they were going to access  something that way.  Original cowl cover and floor mat. Hard to find those here in the east. 

One of our neighbors in SE Wisconsin had a 1066 that maybe got 20 hours a year. Was always stored inside.   If I lived there still I would try to hunt it down.  

I spent a lot of hours running a 1066 that was near identical to that.  Same year as ours too unless ours was a ’71.  I do know ours had the slower turning engine.   The hood blanket was missing on ours.  

That is not the first 1066 I’ve seen with no coolant filter added.  

image.thumb.jpg.9e52d9428c0b0b8766bda29168effb94.jpg

its backup. Pulled a tedder for a day last year, a discbine for a day this year. Had 1500 on it when we got it, 8-10 years ago. I took the weather checked original rears off. I’m upset that I don’t have a good pic of our oldest one that always had a white cab on it. I swapped it out for a red cab a few years ago as it was showing its age. image.thumb.jpg.94deb7a7e1dfbbdb1543bd375aa70842.jpg