How many wear traditional dickies style button up work shirts? Been thinking of getting some as opposed to being rough on my nicer ones during spring and fall when I’m not wearing a sweatshirt as well. 
where do you go to for them, no one local really carries them, at least no locally owned place, so I suspect online is my go to. When I worked at Stratton we had a service, that was kinda cool, ruin someone else’s clothes, they leave dirty come back clean. But had no tall sizes as I recall.  I am a 44 long And sometimes have trouble with finding offerings in that size

Try Walts used clothes if you want Industral work ware. We get clothes for my dad through there and the grade A stuff is nice. 

• Like 3

I get Dickies at WM. Sadly, no tall sizes there so while the SS shirts are ok I have to buy XL to get enough sleeve length whereas an L  fits my body.

So, you got me to wondering. Amazon has tall LS pocket shirts for $26. I just ordered one. It will be delivered tomorrow but I won't get off this trip 'till Monday. I'll let you know how it fits.

JC penny shirts worked well for me when I was in the shop ,still have some short sleeve for Farm all and around the house chores. But lately been going to good will and getting long sleeve shirts to protect me in the field and under rusty pontiacs cause I’m much stout er now .

I wear Red Kap button up shirts for working. I'm pretty sure the Wife orders them from www.workingperson.com. they hold up really well for me and I'm hard on clothes. 

• Thanks 1

Mostly Wrangler fitted shirts for me. Like 18-36. Not the TSC s m l stuff. Getting harder to find and variety and quality isn’t there like it was 20-30 years ago. Domestic manufacturing and Domestic Cotton was so much better. Shirts used to last a lot longer. 

4 hours ago, New Englander said:

I get Dickies at WM. Sadly, no tall sizes there so while the SS shirts are ok I have to buy XL to get enough sleeve length whereas an L  fits my body.

So, you got me to wondering. Amazon has tall LS pocket shirts for $26. I just ordered one. It will be delivered tomorrow but I won't get off this trip 'till Monday. I'll let you know how it fits.

I too just ordered one from Amazon, I also bought a carhartt, I prefer flaps on my pockets, and the carhartt doesn’t have them, I drill a lot of holes overhead and open pockets fill with shavings, seems like a small thing, but I like the flaps. This carhartt doesn’t have them, also cost 55 bucks, it is a nice shirt however. 

24 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I too just ordered one from Amazon, I also bought a carhartt, I prefer flaps on my pockets, and the carhartt doesn’t have them, I drill a lot of holes overhead and open pockets fill with shavings, seems like a small thing, but I like the flaps. This carhartt doesn’t have them, also cost 55 bucks, it is a nice shirt however. 

I like pocket flaps as well. I'd rather snaps because it's easier to get my phone out when working and secure it again.

Funny: My dog used to shy away when I bent to pet him because he got tired of getting hit by my phone sliding out of my pocket. Dog thoughts: "Dumb $hit is gonna drop his phone on me again".

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, NY1468 said:

Try Walts used clothes if you want Industral work ware. We get clothes for my dad through there and the grade A stuff is nice. 

X2.  I buy all my clothes there and the stuff is good quality.  Sometimes things are out of stock but check often and they will have it. 

I prefer Stetson, 100 percent cotton with button down collar and scallop flaps on the double breasted pockets.  Lightly starched.  After hours I prefer Wrangler denim with snap pockets.  During late spring and summer the Wrangler denims become sleeveless.

• Like 1

https://www.bulwark.com/

I have purchased these Bulwark fire resistant shirts for the last 6 years to save my arms from getting burned.  They do work well.  I found hem on Fleabay that a city was getting rid of them and they were 1/3 the price.

3 minutes ago, bigequip said:

https://www.bulwark.com/

I have purchased these Bulwark fire resistant shirts for the last 6 years to save my arms from getting burned.  They do work well.  I found hem on Fleabay that a city was getting rid of them and they were 1/3 the price.

Those are nice, local utility companies uses them 

3 hours ago, Rainman said:

http://duluthtrading.com .... Lg. Tall, XL Tall, 2XL Tall....also have Hemp shirts... & Free Shipping today

I love Duluth, doesn’t help with cost effectiveness, but that is some solid stuff, I just ordered one of them too.

13 hours ago, 801486 said:

I get most of my work shirts at second hand stores.  You can usually get get good name brand shirts for $3-5.

Same here. I like a button up shirtsleeves in the summer. T shirts are to hot and sticky for me. 

9 hours ago, New Englander said:

I like pocket flaps as well. I'd rather snaps because it's easier to get my phone out when working and secure it again.

Funny: My dog used to shy away when I bent to pet him because he got tired of getting hit by my phone sliding out of my pocket. Dog thoughts: "Dumb $hit is gonna drop his phone on me again".

I usually start dropping my phone on my dog this time of year, almost  did it just this morning....but I caught  the phone with my coffee cup. Darn flannel shirt has shallow pockets. 

8 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Schmidt from TSC.

I had one of those, I thought it a bit like a hot air balloon, and m TSC never EVER had a tall

RED KAP, buy on line hold up well. Always get short sleeve but i get them big enough to wear a light  long sleeve turtle neck in the winter. 

I often shop on-line at Walmart, even for groceries, same price as store or cheaper, many more sizes and free shipping in a couple of days.

With Walmart and Mcmaster on-line I never have to leave home.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Rainman said:

http://duluthtrading.com .... Lg. Tall, XL Tall, 2XL Tall....also have Hemp shirts... & Free Shipping today

I quit even looking at Duluth. They have a store in Wichita and nothing useful was in stock. Lots of yuppie over priced junk, but the stuff we used to get is no longer available. 😡