Terrible day. One really weird thing I said that morning to some of my co-workers before either building fell as we watched it on TV at work was I told him that they were going to have to tear both those buildings down because they would not be safe to leave standing. I swear to God not even 5 minutes after I said that the first tower collapsed. 

This day lives in my mind as I'm sure 12/07/41 did for my grandparents. I will never forget.

A moment of silence to respect the lives lost that day.

• Like 4

I was pulling stumps for an older lady with a 2606 IH backhoe.  A woman from a neighboring house was hysterical, yelling about how we were under attack.  I got off the machine and walked her back home. I then went to my 1700 IH Loadstar (wish I still had that truck) and turned on the radio.  After listening for a few minutes,  I told the customer I had to go home.  I packed up and left, to get home to my family.  I remember wondering what was going to happen next,  would we be under sustained attacks? It was pretty surreal the next few months as I remember.  There were American flags flying everywhere,  people weren't arguing about bullshit, and everyone seemed united.

Ive lurked on here quite a while but kept forgetting my password.  My name is Frank, from rural Pennsylvania. 

• Like 5

Thank you God for such a country and a republic for which it stands ! Amen 

I just put out my flag 🇺🇸

• Like 5

Thank you god and thank you mr trump for trying to save this country from the wolves and as always remember the ones who died for us.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8:46 am First Crash time 

In 2001 i was headed to the dealer for some combine parts ,when i got there the guy behind the counter was hysterical, he asked if i had heard what was going on and i had no idea. I left without any parts and headed straight home not knowing what might be next. What a shame it is, that it took such a tragedy to bring this country to it's knees, and i mean that literally . People went back to there churches hung up there flags and united like no time in my life. NOW look at it, how soon we forget and i suppose a lot are too young to remember.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, sandhiller said:

72737.jpeg.79e8ba6268a504d1d893317086f39b81.jpeg

DA6F2545-3548-49F9-8C5D-74E2F341BA25.thumb.jpeg.acab5f275f40d3837165a95b1de40eac.jpeg

That was 5.46 my time. My wife used the TV for alarm clock,set to come on at 5.30,she like to be headed out by 6.30. So I saw the TV coverage as the second plane hit. How the story built as the third plane hit. Then the story of phone calls from the fourth plane. She went to school, as she said even if school is closed parents will drop kids off anyway. Which they did, and class was not canceled here.

Many people did great things that day. A blind guy that was a floor or so lower than where the plane hit wrote a book about walking out with his guide dog. All the firemen who that went up,only a few came out carrying the wounded. 

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, ray54 said:

That was 5.46 my time. My wife used the TV for alarm clock,set to come on at 5.30,she like to be headed out by 6.30. So I saw the TV coverage as the second plane hit. How the story built as the third plane hit. Then the story of phone calls from the fourth plane. She went to school, as she said even if school is closed parents will drop kids off anyway. Which they did, and class was not canceled here.

Many people did great things that day. A blind guy that was a floor or so lower than where the plane hit wrote a book about walking out with his guide dog. All the firemen who that went up,only a few came out carrying the wounded. 

Ray, I think, things we remember about that day will stick with us the rest of our lives. I don't know anyone that wasn't affected in some way.

The only thing I think that compares is how my parents must have felt on December 7th, 1941.

• Like 3