HELP I'm under attack

In the last fifteen minutes seven single engine 2 or 4 seater planes flew the river past my place.

Three with the same red and white paint scheme

Two with the same yellow 

one maybe blue and 

one gray with tundra tires. Now I have heard of a rancher or two with soft meadows having tundra tires on his plane but have never seen it fly over. 

Anyway, wonder if they were traveling between air shows or what. 

YOu fly guys ever do this? Or have a poker run of sorts?

Not uncommon to see small planes fly the Niobrara, but first time for that many

Always gotta stop and look up when a plane flies over😄

I think the attack is over. fifteen minutes the skies have been plane free. 

I survived it😅  😆

Sorry no pics, too busy sheltering in place😂

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
On 9/10/2020 at 2:47 PM, sandhiller said:

Sorry no pics, too busy sheltering in place😂

But someone caught a picture of you after the attack!

118766821_3371747693049436_1760294759023814093_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=88tSAHymhlcAX_t9AmF&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=c5c596b05c6f3add226457ab4be8ac20&oe=5F816CD6

• Haha 9
1 minute ago, MTO said:

118766821_3371747693049436_1760294759023814093_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=88tSAHymhlcAX_t9AmF&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=c5c596b05c6f3add226457ab4be8ac20&oe=5F816CD6

....he looks a bit pale........is that picture from Lorenzo's  "truck  file''......ready to cast doubt on someone's    purchasing  integrity....???:(

Mike

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, MTO said:

That would be me waiting at the end of my drive way for a break in all the tater trucks going by with the drivers thinking they are Sergio Perez

Man, I'll be glad when the tater diggers get all their taters dug.

• Haha 3
On 9/10/2020 at 3:16 PM, sandhiller said:

thinking they are Sergio Perez

Had to google him as not familiar.

Western PA ya know...

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, MTO said:

Had to google him as not familiar.

Western PA ya know...

We have a lot of south of the border culture since the tater farm moved in. 

I learn what I can but stop short of speaking mexican or learning the metric system................................................

If they were Piper Cubs, alot of those guys fly around the country in small groups......................They usually stop at the museum in the next county over where they were built new.

• Like 1

Little private airport near here. I saw a freshly detailed low low wing war bird last time I was over there. Those warbird guys spend ever spare hour and dollar making those birds pretty a big deal is getting it off the runway on its on power.  That plane could have been a fly-in for fuel cause I didn't recognize it and he took off like someone on his way.

• Like 1

AB Cox has big tires on his plane. I think Eddy Minor does also. Austin Swendener’s dad has a plane but small tires. 
Not bad for being gone 5 years 😜😜

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Man, I'll be glad when the tater diggers get all their taters dug.

Helped a friend harvest corn in Laird Ne in the fall of 16, many tater trucks on the same little dirt road we was hauling corn on. Would that be anywhere close to you?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CIHTECH said:

Helped a friend harvest corn in Laird Ne in the fall of 16, many tater trucks on the same little dirt road we was hauling corn on. Would that be anywhere close to you?

That’s about 4 hours south east of him. I think it’s the same corporate farm as who Jeff is dealing with. CSS is the largest tator farm in the US, I think. 

• Like 1

I don't know if you have any fires in your area, but in SoCal they use small spotter planes that relay what's going on. They just keep circling overhead the entire time. The ones from down there are red and white, just like the bombers. Maybe some are heading home. Not to jump your post, but I was watching one of the fire video's on utube. Normally the big bombers are always prop planes, but they were showing a big jet dropping flame retardant, that's amazing how slow and low they get that thing.

• Like 1

It's against the rules for private pilots to fly in formation! I always thought it was a silly rule.

I used to be in a meetup group in New England where we'd all meet in say Glens Falls, NY for breakfast, then fly to a few locations around the northeast on a Saturday or Sunday once or twice a month. It was a lot of fun. One if the few highlights of my time living in Connecticut.

The local EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) here in Oswego County hosts pancake breakfasts at our little airport here a few times a year too.

So yeah, could be something like that.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, CIHTECH said:

5 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

That’s about 4 hours south east of him. I think it’s the same corporate farm as who Jeff is dealing with. CSS is the largest tator farm in the US, I think. 

Yup, Nick is on it😀

CSS is all over, by me grows seed tators because of the isolation. It is huge money and they take it very serious.

4 hours ago, Duntongw said:

I don't know if you have any fires in your area, but in SoCal they use small spotter planes that relay what's going on. They just keep circling overhead the entire time. The ones from down there are red and white, just like the bombers. Maybe some are heading home. Not to jump your post, but I was watching one of the fire video's on utube. Normally the big bombers are always prop planes, but they were showing a big jet dropping flame retardant, that's amazing how slow and low they get that thing.

We use local ranchers to spot for us. Invaluable!

We can call in a SEAT plane (single engine air tanker) to drop retardant.

If the season looks bad enough, they will base out of Valentine, bout 40 miles away. It is funded through the state and no expense to us. Our little VFD couldn't come close to paying the tab. They are a tremendous asset and have contributed greatly to us getting a fire under control. Especially in the canyons on the Niobrara.

Pilots are very accurate and a welcome sight. I have retardant stains on my wildland gear, sometimes it gets a little hairy.

We have had helicopters also. They bucket water out of the river or even stock tanks, amazing to watch the skill of those pilots filling, then dropping.

8 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

AB Cox has big tires on his plane. I think Eddy Minor does also. Austin Swendener’s dad has a plane but small tires. 
Not bad for being gone 5 years 😜😜

Remember AB's from when we lived north of Mullen. His daughter Scout is running the ranch now. Believe she's still single for any one interested, 😀

Eddie has bigger than normal tires but these looked like what you see up in Alaska. I'll ask Matt next time I see him about them. Haven't been buzzed by Eddie since I quit driving HWY 61😆. Man the stories his plane could tell😬😁

And Nick, you have the memory of a young man, just wait till you get my age🤣

3 hours ago, KWRB said:

used to be in a meetup group in New England where we'd all meet in say Glens Falls, NY for breakfast, then fly to a few locations around the northeast on a Saturday or Sunday once or twice a month. It was a lot of fun. One if the few highlights of my time living in Connecticut

Bet you nailed it, just never seen that many on my river before. Think that would be a good time!

6 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Remember AB's from when we lived north of Mullen. His daughter Scout is running the ranch now. Believe she's still single for any one interested, 😀

Eddie has bigger than normal tires but these looked like what you see up in Alaska. I'll ask Matt next time I see him about them. Haven't been buzzed by Eddie since I quit driving HWY 61😆. Man the stories his plane could tell😬😁

And Nick, you have the memory of a young man, just wait till you get my age🤣

AB put the Alaska tires on right before we left, and I am pretty sure between Scout Cox and Danno, the Sandhills are safe. Don’t know any gals who can out work them, and few guys who can. 
We used to get helicopters that flew the river right after Circle Cross sold. Wasn’t always the nicest thing to see or hear if you were out in the middle of a swamp trying to capture a mad cow.