Houston wants your blood

On 9/10/2020 at 4:44 PM, nc1112 said:

Things like this are doing severe, and probably irreparable damage to the reputation of public health departments.  From the onset of covid, common sense has been thrown out the window and many people have overstepped their bounds by miles.  Thankfully, those in west central Nebraska have not been heavy handed like those in other areas but all the same it seems that these public health officials in general saw this as a green light to grab as much power as they could and see just how far they could push people. The local health departments need to go back to doing basic health screenings, food inspections and the like instead of trying to be enforcers of feel good programs.

Agree, except the public health departments are under the direction of the politicians.  Politicians have discovered that they can implement their agenda, which they otherwise would not be able to, by using "public health mandates".  By using these mandates, their state constitution, the United States constitution, laws, rules and regulations are rendered null and void.  Witness gun violence being declared a public health hazard, racism is a public health hazard, etc.  They have found the "magic wand" to get what they want and I expect it to be used more in the future.

• Sad 1
53 minutes ago, Skagit Farmer said:

Agree, except the public health departments are under the direction of the politicians.  Politicians have discovered that they can implement their agenda, which they otherwise would not be able to, by using "public health mandates".  By using these mandates, their state constitution, the United States constitution, laws, rules and regulations are rendered null and void.  Witness gun violence being declared a public health hazard, racism is a public health hazard, etc.  They have found the "magic wand" to get what they want and I expect it to be used more in the future.

I agree.  You are able to help better explain my stance in yesterday's post.