414/466 diesel injectors difference

Hi

While my engine project is underway, it's time to get the injector pump and injectors checked.

I have been given some good injectors for a 466, before I use them I am wondering if they are just the same as my existing ones out of my 414 or not.

Thanks, Brett

Out of a Truck, an Acco I think he said.

Brett

I have tested both tips on the dyno and the stock 414 burn cleaner and the 466 tips have a small amount of smoke out the exhaust , pump fuel not changed and it made 10 hp more . The opening psi was set at 3650 psi on both injectors .

Danny 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

I have tested both tips on the dyno and the stock 414 burn cleaner and the 466 tips have a small amount of smoke out the exhaust , pump fuel not changed and it made 10 hp more . The opening psi was set at 3650 psi on both injectors .

Danny 

Thank you Danny that helps me out. Interesting to know that

Brett

16 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Danny 

What are the differences in the nozzles?  Same hole #'s just bigger on the 466?

I would have to check for sure but I think the hole in the tip is alittle bigger , it’s been a few years since I did that test .

Danny 

I am aware of at least 4 different size nozzles on 466 engines with out knowing which nozzle its pretty hard to take even an educated guess at what will happen.

• Like 1