the elevator ill grade them pretty hard if you cut them for beans

• Like 1

Jimw-----

Where are you located???

I say you are caught just a few days short of safe maturity.  Looks as if the beans are just before shaking free from the hull???

My farm tenant sprays a light dose of Gramoxone on their beans very near that stage.  Makes them dry down fast and he will be harvesting a week before most of the neighbors.

Better get your combine ready NOW.  Keep us posted on the results.

I always said about my farming if it wasn't for bad luck------I wouldn't have any luck!!!.  When served lemons------gotta find away to make lemonade.

DD

• Like 1

We have had that happen.  They will dry down and depending on weather conditions the next couple of weeks they could get a little moldy and probably will have a greenish tint.  If you are able to bin them awhile the elevators may not be as fussy later on.  That was our experience anyway.  Good luck.

Were in Mandan ND. Was about half the average rainfall here. My corn had poor germination so I worked it down and planted beans. Thought they might be respectable for my area. Maybe should start swathing tomorrow and roll them up? Not sure what bean bales would run per ton? Guess it will make it interesting?

1 hour ago, jimw said:

Were in Mandan ND. Was about half the average rainfall here. My corn had poor germination so I worked it down and planted beans. Thought they might be respectable for my area. Maybe should start swathing tomorrow and roll them up? Not sure what bean bales would run per ton? Guess it will make it interesting?

They will turn ripe. We have some that were just turning. The early seeded ones were ripening about a week away from harvest a few miles north of you. There is a respectable bean crop up here. 25 the other night here in rugby.