The thieves hit close Monday night broke into the neighbors shed and stole 2 tractors, 2 zero turn lawn mowers ,2 bush hogs and 2 atv's along with a bunch of tools. I think this had to be an organized ring, not just some local druggies , it would take 2 40' trailers or 3 smaller ones to load all of this stuff up. He had a 7600 John Deere MFD with 1500 or so hours on it that he kept polished up it might be easy to spot, if it isn't already in Mexico. I am trying to get a list with some serial numbers from his son, if i do i will post the #'s on here. He is madder than a wet hornet and is offering 10,000.oo $ reward for any information that leads to there arrest or demise.

• Sad 3
22 minutes ago, from H to 80 said:

The thieves hit close Monday night broke into the neighbors shed and stole 2 tractors, 2 zero turn lawn mowers ,2 bush hogs and 2 atv's along with a bunch of tools. I think this had to be an organized ring, not just some local druggies , it would take 2 40' trailers or 3 smaller ones to load all of this stuff up. He had a 7600 John Deere MFD with 1500 or so hours on it that he kept polished up it might be easy to spot, if it isn't already in Mexico. I am trying to get a list with some serial numbers from his son, if i do i will post the #'s on here. He is madder than a wet hornet and is offering 10,000.oo $ reward for any information that leads to there arrest or demise.

good heavens what part of missouri ? i live in the kc area mom and dad up north of cameron 

Holy sheet!

No smash and grab thieves there. Would have taken some time to load.

Was the place absentee? hard to see from the road?

Guessing that with the size of the haul they were prepared to be confronted also. Could have been very dangerous. 

Glad no one got hurt in the ordeal and hope like h3ll they catch and are able to prosecute to the fullest. 

Good luck!

Here In North Dakota it’s getting bad. They said the stimulus and unemployment went for a lot of hard core drugs in the right areas. Indian reservation north by Canadian border is big center for meth and heroine entering area. Comes up out of Chicago Minneapolis or down from Winnipeg. Supplies large part of rural area into eastern Montana with their drugs. The credit has tightened and lots of vehicle farm thefts to the north. Rolla Nd is 6 miles from Belcourt Nd. Belcourt is reservation and about 45 miles north of us. Somebody stole Rolla’s city park and rec pickup this morning. Their is 25,000 to 50,000 Native people living in a 6 mile by 6 mile hill and treed area So finding anything after it is stolen is hard. Then impossible to get back from the tribal police if found. Their was just article I read with Covid the personal border crossings in Mexico and Canada are way lower so meth has more than doubled in wholesale value. From 2000 to 4600 a lb now. 

59 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Here In North Dakota it’s getting bad. They said the stimulus and unemployment went for a lot of hard core drugs in the right areas. Indian reservation north by Canadian border is big center for meth and heroine entering area. Comes up out of Chicago Minneapolis or down from Winnipeg. Supplies large part of rural area into eastern Montana with their drugs. The credit has tightened and lots of vehicle farm thefts to the north. Rolla Nd is 6 miles from Belcourt Nd. Belcourt is reservation and about 45 miles north of us. Somebody stole Rolla’s city park and rec pickup this morning. Their is 25,000 to 50,000 Native people living in a 6 mile by 6 mile hill and treed area So finding anything after it is stolen is hard. Then impossible to get back from the tribal police if found. Their was just article I read with Covid the personal border crossings in Mexico and Canada are way lower so meth has more than doubled in wholesale value. From 2000 to 4600 a lb now. 

Isn't that crap spiked with fentanyl? We have hundreds dying from this scourge, the theft rate is blossoming, the government thinks all the druggies should be given free drugs that are clean, who pays? 

That's the scuttlebutt that's put out, I don't know the answers, is it free drugs? Why is it free drugs? Why are we held hostage by addicts, by homeless, right now the government is planning on extending this covid free money program, who pays? 

It's getting out of hand, we are being told to accept druggies, we are being told to keep borders closed, towns closed, businesses closed, we are told to live with the homeless, we are told to defund police, we are supposed to allow protesters run amok unabated, who pays.

We do, not just monetarily either.

• Like 2

Just read a quote from Gandhi in one of my farm papers that sums up today's world.

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle. Pleasure without conscience. Wealth without work. Knowledge without character. Business without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice" 

Everyone of them fit. 

• Like 5

Crazy. Hopefully it was insured. Doubtful that is going to be found. 10 some years ago there was multiple skidloaders stolen from a dealership and that is what was therorized about using box trailers for concealment

Local contractor had a mini-excavator stole minutes after 5 couple months back. They think it had to be inside job as pickup & trailer where parked in such a fashion that security cam couldn't read plate numbers. Job site is right along main highway out of town. Had I seen them loading it, certainly wouldn't have given it a passing thought that they where stealing machine. Would've just thought they where just wrapping up the day...........

Update on equipment, I heard yesterday that they had recovered all of the tractors and other equipment. One mower was parked in the woods at the golf course and the thieves drove the rest of it down a dead end field road in the river bottoms. So i assume it was local druggies, if i t would have been my call i would have let it all sit there and waited for them to come back. Maybe they sobbered up and had second thoughts ,hard to say. I heard from a reliable source that they completely trashed the house, dumped out all the drawers emptied the fridge and left a blood trail throughout, hoping they can pull some DNA from it. I sure hope they can catch them and do something with them when they do.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

good heavens what part of missouri ? i live in the kc area mom and dad up north of cameron 

50 miles southwest of STL

Just now, from H to 80 said:

50 miles southwest of STL

oh heck, well hopefully they find something, we had a skidsteer aroudn here stolen, they found it a couple weeks later last fall, someone saw a truck and got description of vehicle that was all they had - no plate 

5 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

1980's in Zimbabwe you didn't leave a tractor parked in a field while you had lunch.  Just sayin'.

Excuse my arrogance but it is a little disconcerting to me to have commonality with a third world country. We should be, need to be better than that. 

We need to be in a position to help these countries not lower ourselves to their level. 

There was a POTUS one time that went around the world on an "apology tour" .

People with this vision for our country need to be removed from office. 

(Ian, not picking on your quote, lot of bad goings on in this country right now)

• Like 5

this has been happening around here a long time, a friend of mine had a 40 or 50 horse tractor stole from him once they found it rammed into the back of a uhaul on the other side of the county once they got it in there they couldn't get it back out so they ditched it. I know of them finding on one guys place shipping containers buried one was full of guns another mowers/atvs i think another with tvs and computers. When scrap was high it was really bad if they stopped and asked if you had any junk to sell and you told them no you ain't selling they'd wait till you was at work and come back and get it, alot of those people are on drugs but back then people looked over it now they act like it just started out of the blue and if they don't start doing something with the people stealing then it ain't going to get any better. Seen on face book a few months ago a guy came home and caught a guy and gal trying to steal stuff off his property already had a few things in the bed of the truck when the law got there they said they wasn't going to take them to jail because of this covid out break but that is just a easy way for the powers to be state and federal to sweep this whole thing under the rug because it hasn't been any better before covid. A couple years ago a guy was remodeling a house to move in and was almost done someone broke in and stole some stuff he waitied the next night and the guy came back again he shot and killed him, he was a known dead beat that liked to steal , the next day the dead beats family was on the news on the courthouse steps crying saying he was looking at the place because he wanted to rent it yeah at 3 am after you pried the door open with a crow bar. Thats why nothing going on in this country shocks me anymore until enough of us stand up and say stop it they ain't and they're going to try all the can until then

Interesting how much crime all comes back to drugs. The Calif government keeps coming up with more reasons to not lock people up. I sure don't vote for that but it keeps coming.

Thankfully not much in the way of farm equipment has disappear close to me. But one that did was JD 2950 when it was about 4 or 5 years old. Belonged to somewhat shade guy I thought it had been sold to Mexico and he claimed insurance too. About 5 years ago it turned up less than 10 miles from where taken. A druggy kid with rich parents had been set up on a 20 ac ranchett to have him out from under foot. He took tractor to keep weeds down on his acreage. After 30 ? years his parents got old and did not send money every week or what ever. So he went to stealing to live,and got caught. In looking for stolen property they looked up serial number on tractor.

I know this is a crummy subject but I had a couple of happenings that I would like to share,

One time I got home from work and being wound up I couldn't sleep so I read a bit, a little bit later I hear a noise and look out the window and there is a guy standing on the sidewalk, I watch for a moment and I see him making motions to someone, I run to the back window and the someone is stealing our cases of beer cans on the back deck.

I run to the front door and down the stairs motioning shhh to the punk on the street, I pickup a 4x4 and walk around to the back, as I am he comes walking around with my stock of cans, he sees me and apart from surprised he wants to run past me, I said if you move I'll drill you into next week, put the cans down and walk away, he did and all was good.

Another time we are going to bed and I heard something across the street, as I was getting ready to go outside my son comes home from work I tell him what I heard so he goes across the street and all of the sudden he is screaming at me dad, dad, I got him, mom calls the police and I run over and he had grabbed some boob stealing the stereo out of the neighbours jeep, my kid was about 200 lbs then and sitting on the boob hitting him on the head with a hammer, cops came hauled him away as they were doing that he was making cut your throat motions at us, never saw him again.

Ya know what the police said on the second one, we should have contacted them first, ya right.

Damn drugs are all over, no one is immune. There have been some sizeable busts in Valentine. No doubt drives some of the theft. There are some pretty scary gangs on the Rosebud Rez and heard of Mexican cartel on the Pine Ridge Rez. Big money drugs. Them poor indians don't have the money for drugs so spill south to take what they can. Very sketchy white folk around to.

Drugs don't discriminate against race.

Really need to up the ante in the war on drugs.

17 hours ago, from H to 80 said:

Update on equipment, I heard yesterday that they had recovered all of the tractors and other equipment. One mower was parked in the woods at the golf course and the thieves drove the rest of it down a dead end field road in the river bottoms. So i assume it was local druggies, if i t would have been my call i would have let it all sit there and waited for them to come back. Maybe they sobbered up and had second thoughts ,hard to say. I heard from a reliable source that they completely trashed the house, dumped out all the drawers emptied the fridge and left a blood trail throughout, hoping they can pull some DNA from it. I sure hope they can catch them and do something with them when they do.

We had this happen up here people went to the Yukon, came back house ruined by homeless, almost the same as your posting.

Talked to the owners employee a little while ago, they have one person in custody, apparently someone recognized her driving the UTV up the service road on I-44. Hopefully she will squeal and they can catch the rest of them, of coarse they will most likely let them go, due to the covid thing.