does anyone else have terrible service from speede? they are are always a day late from ups. parts come from the same place and if supposed to here on a friday forget about seeing them till monday if they were put on a speede truck. and never no where they will put them shop door maybe. house garage door , front deck, even found them in middle of driveway once .  oh forgot about the neighbors house at least he called me to tell me he had my parts if i was looking for them.  just wondering if it is local problem or it is all speede areas

2 minutes ago, hippy5488 said:

does anyone else have terrible service from speede? they are are always a day late from ups. parts come from the same place and if supposed to here on a friday forget about seeing them till monday if they were put on a speede truck. and never no where they will put them shop door maybe. house garage door , front deck, even found them in middle of driveway once .  oh forgot about the neighbors house at least he called me to tell me he had my parts if i was looking for them.  just wondering if it is local problem or it is all speede areas

Never even heard of Speede so that might be a indicator to start with.

• Like 3

No speedy here but Fed Ex used to leave guns off (that I was supposed to sign for) in my boy's pickups at school.

Left a stack of 4 new tires out on the side of the road by my mail box. Sat all day, luckily they were there when I got home. 

UPS was short trucks or drivers and hired a kid in a jacked up pickup to deliver out here. If I was expecting something I had to check each and every out building each night. He liked to leave things in a different one each time

Had to call a company and tell them I didn't receive an order. They sent again no problem. I found the original order 4 months later in an old pickup I hadn't driven in years. 😆

• Haha 2

I've heard of them, and have heard they are not very speedy at all. 

1 minute ago, sandhiller said:

No speedy here but Fed Ex used to leave guns off (that I was supposed to sign for) in my boy's pickups at school.

Left a stack of 4 new tires out on the side of the road by my mail box. Sat all day, luckily they were there when I got home. 

UPS was short trucks or drivers and hired a kid in a jacked up pickup to deliver out here. If I was expecting something I had to check each and every out building each night. He liked to leave things in a different one each time

Had to call a company and tell them I didn't receive an order. They sent again no problem. I found the original order 4 months later in an old pickup I hadn't driven in years. 😆

Just be impressed that Fed Ex can find you. The saying on this place is Fed Ex couldn't find T--s in a strip club. Numerous times when trying to get stuff delivered to the main farm or Mom and Dad's and it would get to Jackson Mi. Have a few attempts at delivery then end up in the depot with undeliverable written on it. One time Dad was on the phone trying to get them deliver to the house. They asked if it was a new house. The current house there has been there since 1976, there was a trailer for a few years in the early 70s after my Uncle came back from Vietnam before the house was built and a old farmhouse that was there until it burned down in the late 60s. That address has been there a long time. Anymore when it comes by Fed Ex we just have it delivered to my place. They can find it.

Sad part is their trucks are driving past mom and Dad's multiple times a day. There is a large car parts factory 2 and a half miles south of their place. ( Brembo North America brakes main plant is in the middle of nowhere) that they are constantly delivering to.

Here for delivery it's UPS, USPS, bigger items that require bigger trucks is Central Transport, Dayton Freight, or XPO Logistics.

• Haha 1

We have Speedee here in IA. No issues with timeliness and I’ve heard they are considerably cheaper than UPS and FedEx.

However when they deliver to my work you never know where he’ll deliver to. Never comes to the office. Often find packages sitting in a pole building used for storage.

28 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

couldn't find T--s in a strip club.

😂😆🤣

Around here Amazon Prime is the group that delivers to the wrong address. At  Christmas each year Fedex is a kid on an electric golf cart.

USPS is the only trusted delivery service here  but UPS is/was close before the current disaster.   Some grocery delivery service delivered bags of stuff that we did not order to the front door and rang the bell for a signature. Knew a checker at Home Depot who quit and started delivering Pizza for a Dominoes.

In all fairness UPS has superb local service. I often purchase "stuff electronic components" from Mouser Electronics they are about 30 miles from me on the other side of Dallas.  If I place the order before 5 PM it always arrives the next day using UPS ground shipping. McMaster is the same with UPS but it takes 2 days from Atlanta or Chicago to my front door.

This is a great destination location for shipping.  Recently  received some Ebay items shipped from New Delhi INDIA customs and all in 5 days. Simple measuring tools and a test of what shipping would be like.

im from south central iowa on ups hy capacity mcmaster carr ap air is one day with ups. reliance is usually 2 days if out of ind. or mo. wharehouse. put it on speedy times double for deliver and have to hunt for it. in busy shipping times of the year i have seen 3 different ups trucks here in one day one even pulled in at 6.30 one night 

5 minutes ago, MTO said:

whats a strip club?

It's where they teach you to strip paint. Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, MTO said:

whats a strip club?

Since you're old enough to at least be my Dad. Im not explaining that to you 😉

It goes along the same lines as the birds and the bees talk.😄

• Haha 1

I used speedee to send an m&w turbo kit for a 414 to a fellow member. Worked great.

4 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

We have that issue with FedEx ground

We got same issue with our postman from USPS!!!!!! 
hopefully my mail in ballot with carry a special envelope though lol

• Haha 1

I heard speede was preferred cost and speed in Midwest ,something happened 🤷‍♂️👀

Speede is good around here but our driver sucks never says anything so don’t know if part is here and if he only has me on this side of town he won’t deliver 

No Speede out here Fed Ex since the epidemic is generally a short 300lb young guy. Most times he has boxes in the cab of Ford van,drops them to the ground without getting out if you don't come take them from him out the window.

All the cat and dog food has been Wally home deliver so the critter lover has more choice than in store. The dropping out the window popped some cans one order,Wally made it good. 

The UPS man is good and 85% of the time it's the same one.

On a rural contract route with the post office. Several years ago if it did not fit mail box she left a note and you had go to town for it. One I got in town took forever for them to find. Said to big on the tag ,smaller than a loaf of bread. Postal worker was going postal,gave me a form to fill  out and complain about the contract carrier. She said I was looking at all the big boxes and could not find it,and here it this little box. The carriers where good after that one left. But I think we got a new one first of the month again. 

7 hours ago, sandhiller said:

😂😆🤣

There's another version of another body part not being found in a house of ill repute.

I heard one time that there is a house in new orleans,

And they call it the rising sun,

And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy,

Thank god I'm not the one..........

• Haha 1

Here UPS or the mail carrier will usually just put a package in the mud room, especially if the weather is bad.