Can the pinion and ring gear be removed with out removing the tracks and sprockets on aTD18-183 ? Thanks

Yes I believe so you will need to remove fuel tank and floorboards and go in from the top, you will be standing where the drawbar is, complicated a bit if equipped with winch... have you found parts already?

Thanks hardtail   I have removed every thing except the winch . The ring gear and pinion are bad . Who would have these parts ? FP Smith ?  Watch my video of this tractor YouTube "MVI0733 knepper " Thanks

Beautiful tractor, your search may expand to TD 20 200/201 also, I believe early TD 18 has different ring and pinion, good luck

Thanks for posting .

Hector --  my parts book number for the gear is 271-803R1 and 271-813R1 for pinion . I have not removed them from the tractor yet so I do not know what numbers are on the gears . If you know for sure that your gears are out of TD18 series 182 then they should work ? If not I will check the numbers on the gears after I remove them and see if the numbers match yours . Not sure what you saying " 2 teeth the rust try to heat them " ? Good to hear from you -- saw some  place on the internet you were retired -- not buying tractors . Thanks John Knepper 563-590-3964

HI M y parts should't fit on your machine  my bevelgear have 43 tooths and yours should be 44 tooths and the pinion  is for hi serie and am't closing yet but should be soon am sick and have no more power and should be to hospital next monday for injection in my back and after maybe chirugy.

• Like 1

I think he is saying the rust is eating 2 teeth, there is a serial number break on parts for 182 and he is correct one says 38 teeth and the other 44, so 43 maybe for another 18?

Hope the treatment goes well and surgery isn’t required Hector and a speedy recovery you have been a valuable resource here and have helped many👍😊

Thanks  hardtail  Thanks hector get well soon

I might check to see if the different tooth configuration will bolt up, ring and pinion would have to be a set in this case and may change the ratio but shouldn't make that much difference.