A few pics of pullers

I was doing some scanning today, and thought I would run a few of these thru.

The picture of the trike front end in the air, is from the Canfield Fair Grounds in Ohio, 1978. Just thought it was a cool tractor combination.

The other pictures are from the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, N.Y., 1982. The one you will obviously recognize, but didn't know if anyone knew the others.

I realize this is a red site, but I threw in a picture of a modified. Back then, it was run what you could come up with. This was a transverse mounted Packard V-12 with a chain drive from NW Ohio.

Another picture shows a guy trimming tires. I don't know what he got paid, but it was not enough.

Enough for now, I'm still digging.

Canfield 78.jpg

Syrc 1.jpg

Syrc 2.jpg

Syrc 3.jpg

Syrc 4.jpg

Syrc 5.jpg

Syrc 6.jpg

Syrc 7.jpg

• Like 6

Third picture from the bottom Lefebvre Farms 460, good guys!! I never knew they started with a 460, I only knew of their 1066.  Cool to see the 460! We pulled with them a lot, actually their 1066 is where my addiction to 1066’s started!!

10 hours ago, Duntongw said:

I didn't notice until I saw the pictures bigger on here, that the bottom IH was Danny Dean. If I am remembering correctly, was Red Line Fever Esdon Lane?

Yes, Red Line Fever is Esdon Lehn, he only lives 40 miles from me, and Levebvre’s are 50-60 miles from me.

10 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

Yes, Red Line Fever is Esdon Lehn, he only lives 40 miles from me, and Levebvre’s are 50-60 miles from me.

What are the odds that there is two vintage pulling pics on here in this thread and they are local to us Blaine??    Kinda neat...

24 minutes ago, nate said:

What are the odds that there is two vintage pulling pics on here in this thread and they are local to us Blaine??    Kinda neat...

I was shocked to see Lefebvre’s 460! Esdon is usually found anywhere searched for pulling.  But yes, so cool that these guys are in our area!! 

Nice piccys!

Chances are, I saw those tractors at Syracuse. The state fairgrounds had national pulls in the early/mid 80s, and several of us from the area drove up to watch. Good times.

Good stone boat pulling photos ,

We used to go up to Syracuse, were from NW PA, and was one of the closest  pulls. The first year, we drove up, couldn't find a room anywhere, we wound up clear back down into PA, and wound up sleeping in the fetal position in the blazer at a rest stop. Took a camper after that.

We also used to go to the Indy Super Pull in January, always a good time. I'll dig out some of those pics later.