Fuel lines, copper washers

I’m trying to get some fuel lines to seal up. The copper crush washers just doesn’t seem like they are crushing enough to make a seal. Any other ideas? 2 washers? Thicker washers? I’m afraid of over tightening the fittings. 
It’s on an 826 injection pump lines if that matters

Yep, copper work hardens when used as a sealing washer and is tightened. Do a search on annealing copper washers,  just need a torch and pan of water.

My Volvo had an aluminum sealing washer on the oil drain plug, replace plug and washer both at same time. When I did the next oil change the alum washer work hardened, reduced the compression between the head on drain plug and oil pan, bet I could have loosened it with a gloved hand.  Had the same thing on a new copper sealing washer on my 7.3 PowerStroke's drain plug too.

The original seals were a white nylon ring that fit into the recess in the injection line. Earlier lines did not have the recess and used the nylon ring along with an outer support washer.

612180C1 = nylon washer used on 56 series tractors.

67207C1 = nylon washer and outer support ring used on 06 series tractors.

2 hours ago, Owen Aaland said:

The original seals were a white nylon ring that fit into the recess in the injection line. Earlier lines did not have the recess and used the nylon ring along with an outer support washer.

Owen he has an 826 not an 856 the only washers I can think of is where the discharge fitting goes into the hydraulic head or the leak off line

17 hours ago, Dasnake said:

How did this work out?

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

Didja get that? will that help your problem?

I haven’t had time to get back to it😱

Wife had me chasing after her camper Monday as it’s been at the dealer getting “serviced “ since July🤬

2 hours ago, Owen Aaland said:

31 minutes ago, R190 said:

Owen he has an 826 not an 856 the only washers I can think of is where the discharge fitting goes into the hydraulic head or the leak off line

It’s the feed line to the injection pump. I’m not certain if it’s leaking past these copper washers or leaking through the banjo bolt- it has the little check ball in the middle of the top. Is this the correct banjo bolt for it? It’s the one that came out of it. 

I’ll keep you posted the next opportunity I have to work on it😳😱🤯

1 minute ago, Ihfan4life said:

I haven’t had time to get back to it😱

Wife had me chasing after her camper Monday as it’s been at the dealer getting “serviced “ since July🤬

It’s the feed line to the injection pump. I’m not certain if it’s leaking past these copper washers or leaking through the banjo bolt- it has the little check ball in the middle of the top. Is this the correct banjo bolt for it? It’s the one that came out of it. 

I’ll keep you posted the next opportunity I have to work on it😳😱🤯

I misread your post as the lines going to the injectors as I think Owen did also make sure there is no nicks in the banjo fittings and try annealing the washers is all I can tell you

8 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Is this the correct banjo bolt for it?

BOSCH “VA” PUMPS FOUND ON MANY OF THE GERMAN BUILT IH ENGINES COME IN 2 MAIN CONFIGURATIONS THE (BR) AND THE (CR) THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE 2 PUMPS IS THAT THE DELIVERY VALVE HOLDERS OF THE BR PUMP EXIT THE HEAD ON AN ANGLE AND THE CR PUMP THE DELIVERY VALVE EXIT STRAIGHT OUT AND THE OVER FLOW VALVE ON “BR” PUMPS ARE IN THE BANJO BOLT ON RETURN SIDE OF SYSTEM, OVER FLOW VALVE ON “CR” PUMPS ARE LOCATED IN THE PUMP (BANJO BOLT HAS NOTHING IN IT) ON “BR” PUMPS MAKE SURE THE CORRECT BANJO BOLT IS IN THE CORRECT LOCATION.

14 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

BOSCH “VA” PUMPS FOUND ON MANY OF THE GERMAN BUILT IH ENGINES COME IN 2 MAIN CONFIGURATIONS THE (BR) AND THE (CR) THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE 2 PUMPS IS THAT THE DELIVERY VALVE HOLDERS OF THE BR PUMP EXIT THE HEAD ON AN ANGLE AND THE CR PUMP THE DELIVERY VALVE EXIT STRAIGHT OUT AND THE OVER FLOW VALVE ON “BR” PUMPS ARE IN THE BANJO BOLT ON RETURN SIDE OF SYSTEM, OVER FLOW VALVE ON “CR” PUMPS ARE LOCATED IN THE PUMP (BANJO BOLT HAS NOTHING IN IT) ON “BR” PUMPS MAKE SURE THE CORRECT BANJO BOLT IS IN THE CORRECT LOCATION.

I’m going to get a picture of it! I’ll post it here 

Ok.

Figured if I had time to snap a couple of pictures I had time to try to double stack some washers...my excuse, working on the honey do list😢😢 sorry guys, but she’s prettier than all of you’s! 😂 

0A5D0834-971D-4700-919F-5C71F98085EF.jpeg

8768B53E-9371-450B-A063-155EEBB6E974.jpeg

3D466205-7FF9-4DEC-A6A5-A954383A4391.jpeg

72AD5D61-63CE-4554-B701-65246C0ABE5F.jpeg

• Like 2
On 9/7/2020 at 12:11 PM, Ihfan4life said:

I’m trying to get some fuel lines to seal up. The copper crush washers just doesn’t seem like they are crushing enough to make a seal. Any other ideas? 2 washers? Thicker washers? I’m afraid of over tightening the fittings. 
It’s on an 826 injection pump lines if that matters

those can be a pain to stop leaks on alittle trick I was told was to use clear fingernail polish on them when you install the washers gotta get the line and banjo fittings clean and dry first

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

those can be a pain to stop leaks on alittle trick I was told was to use clear fingernail polish on them when you install the washers gotta get the line and banjo fittings clean and dry first

With 3 girls around here, fingernail polish should be easy to find. Do you let it dry before putting fuel back in it?

1 minute ago, Ihfan4life said:

With 3 girls around here, fingernail polish should be easy to find. Do you let it dry before putting fuel back in it?

No coat the washers wit the polish and install right away works for me I used it on a couple injection lines on a 656 it works

• Like 1

Well, I took a minute tonight and looked at these lines, and surprisingly it looks like double stacked washers did the trick! I will take a closer look over the weekend and make sure, but it’s dry tonight so🤞🤪

thanks guys!

• Like 1